• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: I'm Standing on a Million Lives Fantasy Battle Manga Gets TV Anime in October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yusuke Yotsuya is practical, friendless, and not active in any clubs. [...] suddenly sent to another world [...] Yotsuya is a lone wolf and has always lived his life according to his wants

Only someone with either complete lack of self-awareness or a brilliant sense of irony could finish that plot description with:

Quote:
Get ready for a one-of-a-kind fantasy story

The title alone sounded at least somewhat interesting, and it being a manga made me hope it wasn't gonna be the usual isekai LN stuff, but from the plot description that's exactly what it sounds like Confused
Psajdak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Yawn.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:28 pm Reply with quote
This sounds really generic and the studio's one other show wasn't really very good. Can't say I'm hyped.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:40 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Quote:
Yusuke Yotsuya is practical, friendless, and not active in any clubs. [...] suddenly sent to another world [...] Yotsuya is a lone wolf and has always lived his life according to his wants

Only someone with either complete lack of self-awareness or a brilliant sense of irony could finish that plot description with:

Quote:

The title alone sounded at least somewhat interesting, and it being a manga made me hope it wasn't gonna be the usual isekai LN stuff, but from the plot description that's exactly what it sounds like Confused

Its ok, it's nto as good as the title implies (like it happened with death march); but it's a portal isekai and there is more emphasis in the group dynamics than usual.
harminia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:01 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the name sounds super interesting but the plot does not give any hints that it will have any sense of gravity at all.

I seem to recall the manga got middling reviews here...
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:58 am Reply with quote
I enjoy the manga so far hence that's a good new for my part.
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:01 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Don’t forget the convenience of having his harem jump started because those two classmates that got sent with him just happen to be smoking hot girls! Laughing
FiendHunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:53 am Reply with quote
If I see another isekai adaptation I'm gonna scream bloody murder.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1