• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel II. lost butterfly BD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stelman257

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:29 am Reply with quote
To the reviewer, you didn't comment on it in the review, but how did you find the English Dub this time around? I've been loving how dubbed Fate has been sounding ever since Fate/Zero and for me this movie was no exception! Shinji's English VA helped pen the script for the dub and I think it definitely shows with a few, shall we say, key word choices for how they localised Shinji in the dub.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:51 am Reply with quote
You're right, I forgot to mention the dub! I really like it, and since I came to the franchise sub-first, I feel like that's pretty impressive. I find that dub Sakura can be a little too breathy sometimes, but in most cases I think it works with her uncertainty as a person and is more something that I personally find a little annoying rather than an actual problem.
Stelman257

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:50 am Reply with quote
Yeah I definitely hear you, but felt that like you said, it really worked for her character and what she was going through. I’ve been excited to hear Cristina Vee voicing this part of the story ever since she first got cast as young Sakura back in Fate/Zero, and I’m so pumped to see the third movie next month, and then the dub presumably at the end of the year.

And of course hearing Crispin Freeman is always wonderful. I know a few people were iffy on him dubbing such a deep (and famous) Jouji Nakata role but I really think his take on Kirei is fantastic. I adore his performance in the finale of Fate/Zero~
Plus hey, he’s been dubbing over Jouji Nakata since the early Hellsing days and I love how much of a fan he is of the mans work.
GhostStalkerSA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Hasn’t Sakura and Shinji’s last name always been rendered as Matou in English? I’ve never seen Matoh used before.

Also, are the subs better than the version that was screened in US theaters a year ago yesterday? I still remember word salad like “outrageous intercourses” from Shinji towards Sakura during a specific scene.
Stelman257

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:11 pm Reply with quote
The dub is better but I’m pretty sure the subs are the same in that regard.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2