• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ikki Tousen Franchise Gets Smartphone Game in Spring

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:24 am Reply with quote
this is one of the longest-running ecchi franchises but it never caught on in the US for some reason. Despite the sex is bad craze propaganda, there's a lot of perverts in the animedom out here that prop up franchses like Senran Kagura by comparison. Sooo i dont know why no one likes IT.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:37 am Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
this is one of the longest-running ecchi franchises but it never caught on in the US for some reason. Despite the sex is bad craze propaganda, there's a lot of perverts in the animedom out here that prop up franchses like Senran Kagura by comparison. Sooo i dont know why no one likes IT.

The onlyy reason back then was that it was a "blatant copy" of tenjo tenge, so the fandom was a bit split. But the tenjo tenge anime dropped the fanserfice levels and stopped after one season, so that made ikkitousen the winner. While that is reflected in teh rest of the world, it's still a bit weird it's not more popular in the usa.
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:14 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:

The onlyy reason back then was that it was a "blatant copy" of tenjo tenge, so the fandom was a bit split. But the tenjo tenge anime dropped the fanserfice levels and stopped after one season, so that made ikkitousen the winner. While that is reflected in teh rest of the world, it's still a bit weird it's not more popular in the usa.

because ikkitousen is definitely not moe probably. Stuff like SK are very moe/kawaii-like visually. It's the kind of hard ecchi ryona enthusiasts would enjoy along the lines of Queen's Blade and actual hentai. Which is another niche...
Xavon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if it will be possible (or at least advisable) to play this game in public...
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
I wonder if it will be possible (or at least advisable) to play this game in public...

Maybe not advisable but I never really cared what others think.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1