• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The God of High School Anime's English-Subtitled Trailer Reveals More Cast, Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sobe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:22 am Reply with quote
Is the entire premise of the story only in a tournament? Please tell me that the entire story, at least in the manhwa, doesn't always revolve around the arena. If this "secret organization" comes into play, this is going to get really old really quick given all of the fight club tropes.

And why a wrestling ring of all places? Why couldn't it just be a stadium with an non-ring arena given all of the fighting styles and weapons?
Kami-koto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
Is the entire premise of the story only in a tournament? Please tell me that the entire story, at least in the manhwa, doesn't always revolve around the arena. If this "secret organization" comes into play, this is going to get really old really quick given all of the fight club tropes.

And why a wrestling ring of all places? Why couldn't it just be a stadium with an non-ring arena given all of the fighting styles and weapons?

Dropped this at some point, but 90% of what I read was tournament stuff. Great fights, but story wasn't anything special.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:57 pm Reply with quote
At first glance i thought this something regarding Digimon
Vic1989

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:07 am Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:

The first part is heavily around tournament. Later it changes completly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1