• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sony: 'Overwhelming Majority' of PS4 Titles Will Be Playable on PS5

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinalMatios

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:11 am Reply with quote
Hello upon looking at this news I'd be disappointed if some of my games doesn't work or most of them on the PS5 and What about PS3 to PS1 will we be able to play them? Because if I cannot then there is no point in buying a non backwards compatible console and forget the Sony brand al all together and stick with the old console.
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:31 am Reply with quote
I'm also in the camp wanting BC for my PS1,2 &3 discs. I understand the complications, and I'd be willing to pay more for a hardware solution as the Original PS3 models had, and even that had rare issues, for example Silent Hill 1 has a significant sound bug .

I and friends do like to revist classic games, we don't just buy everything new. In fact I was still picking up older PS2 titles even towards the PS4 gen. And I prefer physical discs over digital for many reasons, but the digital market does make a strong incentive moving forward for Sony to care, and I'm hoping BC for legacy software will be announced, even if not perfect at launch, so long as they are commited to improving it regularly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2