• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - DualSense... tingling!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northlander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:19 pm Reply with quote
jellybeanbandit wrote:
The only thing d-pads are used for these days are hotkeying guns and items in shooters. Not much reason for companies to put out good d-pads anymore when everything uses an analog stick. Any serious fighting game enthusiasts will use a fight stick, and any retro game enthusiast probably picked up Nintendo's NES or SNES Classic controller. Or at the very least an 8bitdo.

Or the five million retro-styled games -- like for instance hard-as-nails platformers or JRPGs -- that are made and released for either the PS4 or Switch -- can't speak for the Xbox One as I don't own one, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a lot there too. And, as I said, the digital control pad on the PS4 is actually pretty ace, so I have absolutely no complaints there. For the switch, I'd have to pick up something from an online store, because... well, actual physical game stores are soon to be a thing of the past, I think, especially in Norway.

So... I might look up the 8bitdo on an online store, although I'd have to ask if those things are region locked somehow. As in, if everywhere European fails me, can I buy an American Switch pad and use that on my European Switch? I'd welcome any suggestions as well, if anyone have one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2