• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Spring 2020

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treecko Tempo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Tamayomi and kingdom season 3 didn't make it in sadly

Side not did ANN not even give us the option to vote for Kingdom? I dont thi k I even saw an option for it in hindsight.
You were able to vote for it, because I know I did.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Treecko Tempo wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Tamayomi and kingdom season 3 didn't make it in sadly

Side not did ANN not even give us the option to vote for Kingdom? I dont thi k I even saw an option for it in hindsight.

That makes me even more sad. This is a very highly rated and loved showed.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Can I ask why Major 2nd season 2 wasn't covered in the preview guide? It sucks it's not getting picked up for reviews but I'm also disappointed it was skipped despite Crunchyroll currently streaming it.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:02 pm Reply with quote
shterraarson wrote:
Dop.L wrote:
No Gal & Dino? DENIED!

I would legit review it for free.

It would liven up the Series Discussion forum if you made an entry for it and posted stuff about it there. A couple people have done posts for every ep of shows they liked in the past, so there's precedent.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
Can I ask why Major 2nd season 2 wasn't covered in the preview guide? It sucks it's not getting picked up for reviews but I'm also disappointed it was skipped despite Crunchyroll currently streaming it.

Same reason as Kaguya-sama 2 didn't get covered: none of of the reviewers had watched much of the first season of that one. (That one being skipped over is less of a surprise than Kaguya-sama, though.)

Yeah, unfortunately sports series aren't too popular around here; this season Tamayomi: The Baseball Girls didn't make the cut, either. Occasionally ones will slip through (see Run the Wind and Hanebado!), but sports series probably have one of the lowest success rates of any common genre when it comes to being voted in for ANN episode reviews.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Same reason as Kaguya-sama 2 didn't get covered: none of of the reviewers had watched much of the first season of that one.
None of the Preview Guide reviewers or no ANN reviewers? Because I'm fairly certain that Kaguya made some best of the year and season lists here.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:32 pm Reply with quote
yeah, it's weird that kaguya did not make it.

Key wrote:
Catsplay wrote:

Same reason as Kaguya-sama 2 didn't get covered: none of of the reviewers had watched much of the first season of that one. (That one being skipped over is less of a surprise than Kaguya-sama, though.)

Yeah, unfortunately sports series aren't too popular around here; this season Tamayomi: The Baseball Girls didn't make the cut, either. Occasionally ones will slip through (see Run the Wind and Hanebado!), but sports series probably have one of the lowest success rates of any common genre when it comes to being voted in for ANN episode reviews.

how dare you forget crunchy roll's highest watched sports series ? keijo
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:54 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:

? It did. Amy McNulty is covering it. Key was mentioning why Kaguya-sama didn't get an entry in the preview guide.
icomeanon6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, glad to see Digimon on the list!

(BTW, fellow Digimon fans: please don't jump all over the reviewer over every little perceived misunderstanding of Digimon lore and precedent.)
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

To be fair, those sports shows also has solid artwork and animation with an interesting story hook to go along with them. Tamayomi had neither of those, and it needed to be more than just an adequately fine baseball show to attract the audience. It really doesn't help that Tamayomi is probably one of the worst-looking Manga Time Kirara anime adaptation I've seen in a long time.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Treecko Tempo wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
did ANN not even give us the option to vote for Kingdom? I don't think I even saw an option for it in hindsight.

I was actually surprised to see it on the list, since it seems none of the reviewers have watched the second season, and that's the kiss of death right there.

I am delighted that Woodpecker Detective's Office made it in. My only regret is that Bungo and Alchemist didn't as well (would've swapped that for Millionaire Detective) so that Rebecca could compare and contrast authors rather than detectives. ;D In any case, she's got quite the load this season!
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:17 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
lossthief wrote:
meiam wrote:
I guess isekai fever is finally dying out, I wonder what will be next? What's the big thing at the moment in the LN industry?

Much as I wish that were the case, keep in mind there are 2 isekai series still being covered - My Next Life as a Villainess and Ascendance of a Bookworm S2. 8th son just had too much competition to squeak in with them I guess.

Yeah, it is not dying out. Looking at the manga scene, it is still going strong, maybe even more so. There is still many more popular manga being produced along with all the new stuff coming out.

Hoping Lazy Dungeon Master, Skeleton Knight, Ideal Sponger Life, Vending Machine, and Reincarnated as a Sword get anime. There's plenty more too that I haven't mentioned either. Sure there is a lot of garbage out there, but still plenty of the good stuff.

I mean "Isekai where a young man is killed and reincarnated in a video game/generic fantasy and get insanely overpowered gift and use it to collect harem of slave girl" seems to be dying rather than the broad idea of just people living in other world.
Gray Lensman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:30 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
maximilianjenus wrote:

? It did. Amy McNulty is covering it. Key was mentioning why Kaguya-sama didn't get an entry in the preview guide.

It does still seem shocking considering that it was on most reviewer's best of lists as the runner up or an honorable mention at the very least. Somehow they managed to assign it to what seems like the only person on staff who didn't watch the first season.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Gray Lensman wrote:

It does still seem shocking considering that it was on most reviewer's best of lists as the runner up or an honorable mention at the very least. Somehow they managed to assign it to what seems like the only person on staff who didn't watch the first season.

Are we talking about the same show here? Because Amy wrote the daily streaming reviews for all of Season 1.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:21 pm Reply with quote
RenRen94 wrote:
...Most of what I'm watching was picked up for daily streaming reviews...
I tend to vote for shows that I am not watching but are curious about.Listeners looks like crap but could turn out OK and I don't want to watch +3 Eps to find out it is so I voted for it.
Quote:
. ...but I can't help feeling that the results are getting predictable. I kinda wish there was some sort of poll to gauge interest for reviews of shows not chosen for daily reviews...
I think it would be interesting if the full poll results were published, but I believe Key said once they wouldn't do that because someone would always take exception. But even if an interest poll of the "losers" were done, it wouldn't change the selection.
Quote:
...Side note: why did shows like Bookworm and Food Wars not automatically go for daily reviews like Fruits Basket?...
Not sure if there are really any reviews done "automatically", but it has been mentioned that individual reviewers have some latitude in reviewing shows they like regardless of the poll results. Otherwise I couldn't imagine Plunderers being reviewed because of popularity.
Quote:
......Side note #2: If the 4 big shows that were moved to summer had premiered this spring (Re:Zero, SNAFU, SAO, No Guns Life S2), which of the current shows would not have made the cut?
Alas, that is unknowable unless we knew the poll stats on which the lowest four shows were. Then we could guess....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4