• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Appare-Ranman!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I really liked this show and the characters and it was such a fun whacky idea but I really hope there will be a second season as I feel like there's still a lot of loose ends with the characters and I do wish there was a tighter focus on the actual racing before now apparently moving on to airplanes. I feel like this should have been 26 episodes. But this has probably been one of P.A. Works' better shows in recent years. I liked this a lot better than Sirius the Jaegar and Fairy Gone.
B12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Gil is a good example of how to not write an anime villain. No motivation, not interesting, overpowered without reason, and just an overall dickhead that added nothing to the series.He was just supposed to be so unlikable and get heat because he is so evil, but I just didn't care and wanted the show to get past it so he wasn't on the screen anymore. His stupid anime eye power is never addressed or explained, and it may not even exist. Watching him fight and hearing him talk about absolutely nothing made me consider just dropping the show because he is clearly the real endgame for the show. If the show calmed it down a little it would have been better. The stupid over the top way that they handle gun fighting was too much on more than a few occasions.
I wanted to like the show, and over time I may forget how badly the ending arc was, but this should have been better. Appare himself gets less annoying as it goes on. The genius who can't relate is something that I have seen too often and have little interest in seeing it anymore at this point. Kosame was a better lead, and Xialian was probably my favorite character. It was okay, but I probably won't recommend it to anyone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3