• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - Top 5 Crunchyroll Anime You Should Binge-Watch Now

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gray Lensman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:25 pm Reply with quote
You really got your Konosuba blurb wrong. Kazuma didn't take Aqua with him because he was struck by her beauty, but to spite her because she couldn't stop mocking how he died. Which sets up the relationship between them for the rest of the series.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:39 pm Reply with quote
The survey doesn't work. It says "Survey has not started."
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
The survey doesn't work. It says "Survey has not started."

Fixed!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I hope you do another of these lists for HIDIVE. They have some good stuff (like Revue Starlight and O Maidens in Your Savage Season) that is exclusive to that service.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Since the poll is not working, I'm just gonna go ahead and say
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju (25 episodes)
Haikyuu!! (78 videos including 2 movies and 2 OVAs)
Bungo Stray Dogs (35 episodes + a movie) I think this would actually be better binged, because it would be easier to remember all the characters and follow the story than it was over 3 years.
The Eccentric Family (25 episodes (seasons listed separately)
Natsume Yujin-cho (aka Natsume's Book of Friends. 80 videos available, seasons listed separately, but they're apparently missing seasons 2-3 Crying or Very sad )

That's all I'm doing for now. If you haven't already seen them, you can search the titles here or on CR to see if you're interested. Smile

And the poll is up now, so I voted for 5 others:
Ace of Diamond, Gintama, Log Horizon, Mob Psycho 100, and Iruma-kun, who can always use the extra love.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Natsume Yujin-cho (aka Natsume's Book of Friends. 80 videos available, seasons listed separately, but they're apparently missing seasons 2-3 Crying or Very sad )

For some reason, seasons 2-3 (eps 14-39) are bundled in with season 1, rather than under separate entries:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/natsume-yujin-cho
WingKing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Saki, Girls und Panzer, Love Live, and Silver Spoon. All very entertaining and highly bingeable shows, and I say that as someone who doesn’t usually like watching more than 4-6 episodes of anything in one sitting. I did vote for Food Wars and Neverland on the existing list, though.
Northlander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:

For some reason, seasons 2-3 (eps 14-39) are bundled in with season 1, rather than under separate entries:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/natsume-yujin-cho

Season 2 was originally called "Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou", which screwed with the alphabetical order. I don't remember if they lumped them all together wheh season 3 arrived or not, but that might have had something to do with it.

Edit: Also... no Laid-Back Camp? No Flying Witch? If there are any better shows to binge on than the two of them on Crunchy, I have yet to see it.

Last edited by Northlander on Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
joeydoa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Looked through the poll choices - not a single one I'd vote for - although there are a couple I'd highly recommend but not before following five series not on the list:

1. Non Non Biyori - and the sequel Non Non Biyori Repeat - slice of life about the friendship of four girls who live "out in the sticks."

2. Flying Witch - another slice of life that I wish had another season about the title character coming of age and her daily life becoming a full fledged witch.

3. Beautiful Bones Sakuraku's Investigation - be warned that a sub plot line seems undeveloped at the end as the result of the second part never being greenlit is a moving episodic drama with well developed characters of an older woman and a teenage boy (not what you're thinking) who are sort of a Holmes and Watson investigative team. One of my personal favorites

4. Kaiji - Season 1 and 2 (all 52 episodes) - Welcome to the genre of gambling anime (Akagi is also by the same author) - sort of hard to describe but an emotional wringer as the titular character works his way through more and more elaborate gambling propositions in order pay off his debt and usually involves putting his own life on the line. After you finish both season don't forget to check out Mr. Tonagawa's Middle Management Blues, which focuses on a supporting character from Kaiji and is probably meaningless unless you've watched Kaiji first.

5. Bodacious Space Pirates - Space Opera with teenage girls captaining space cruisers - who operate with a letter of Marque - hence the 'pirates' getting involved in intergalactic hijinks. It is way better than this description sounds.
harminia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:21 pm Reply with quote
you should binge gdgd fairies
NotAHero15618

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Here's a few of my picks. To make this a bit more interesting, I pulled 5 not currently on the survey:

1. Kino's Journey -the Beautiful World- - A wonderful seinen about a girl who travels the world on her talking motorcycle. It's a unique adventure for anyone who is passionate about traveling if you are feeling blue because of the current lockdown.
2. Golden Kamuy - A show about a soldier and indigenous girl on the hunt for gold. It's a fun yet intense series with other characters who are not above getting their hands dirty to get the gold. With a third season coming, now's a great time to catch up.
3. Megalo Box - An underdog story about a street fighter who is about to step into the deep cut world of professional "cybernetic" boxing. As someone who is not into sports anime, this comes highly recommended if you enjoy drama and more "old school" style of anime. And hey, there's a second season coming!
4. One Punch Man - I'm surprised this one didn't come up on the poll, but for kicks, a show about the strongest hero on earth who is bored with his life. Though there is plenty of shonen action, it's a nice counterbalance to similar titles if you enjoy the more comedic side of the genre or need something else to watch even you don't like superhero stories (or have burnt out on them). The second season is a step down in animation, but still a fun time.
5. RADIANT - A fairly recent shonen that wrapped up its second season last Winter, this is a fantastic starting point if you're new to the genre or intimidated by the longer running series on the main list. Where this series shines though is its character development and surprisingly broad scope on discrimination and other societal ills. What's more, it doesn't take nearly as long to get going as the main character goes through quite the metamorphosis in the first season entering the second.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Is Hunter X Hunter 2011 too old to list? It has 148 entertaining episodes and ranks near the top of most ratings charts. Certainly a good choice for binge-watching. I'm only disappointed that I put watching off for a long time, then chose to do so about a month before the quarantine hit.

I'd add GeGeGe no Kitarou (2018) to the list with its 97 episodes, and perhaps the 99-episode Uchuu Kyoudai ("Space Brothers").

There's also all three seasons of Chihayafuru to enjoy.
Lenks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:15 am Reply with quote
I was disappointed that Given wasn't mentioned, even more disappointed that it wasn't a poll option.
kgw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:27 am Reply with quote
There are two My Hero Academia entries in the survey.

ALSO: I'd like to recommend Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro, Silver Spoon and Moyashimon, too.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:55 am Reply with quote
Quote:
5. KONOSUBA
Kazuma was just a hapless otaku when he found himself face to face with a goddess named Aqua. She offers to let Kazuma reincarnate into another world and, struck by her beauty, he agrees so long as she comes with him.

Whomever wrote this really does need to re-watch KonoSuba..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2