• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japanese Pick-Up Artists Are Loving Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:07 am Reply with quote
Are these the club guys on the streets of Roppongi or Ikebukuro
#Satou

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:32 pm Reply with quote
this reminds me of a documentary about some guys going to ukraine to get a wife.
Dextres

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm,

So metoo movement and social justice warriors/keyboard warriors is lessen it grip overseas...at least in the videogame department.

Who am I kidding here, bringing that up will spark that controversy up in months to come in social commentary.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:32 am Reply with quote
He's already been in Japan Laughing

"Video of pick-up artist grabbing Japanese women on street triggers online protests"
Quote:
In the past few days, professional pick-up artist Julien Blanc became the source of tremendous ire after footage was shared online of a man identified by Internet users as him grabbing women on the streets of Tokyo, manhandling a convenience store clerk, and pushing girls’ heads down into his crotch while posing for the camera.

The footage of Blanc sees him standing in front of a group of men at what appears to be one of his training sessions, telling them that when in Tokyo, “if you are a white male, you can do whatever you want“.

The tips Blanc gives for picking up girls in Japan, along with netizens’ discovery of his activities through social media, have caused much outrage online, and a number of Twitter users are now making efforts to warn women in Japan that the notorious pick-up artist is due to arrive in town sometime in the next two weeks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1