• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: World's End Harem Manga Gets TV Anime in 2021

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:36 pm Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:
So....is Funimation going to take this, or drop it halfway through because they didn't bother to find out what it was about?

So... are Funimation's detractors ever going to realize that the Interspecies Reviewers anime was far more explicit than the source material, and Funimation had no way to psychically predict that?

Seif wrote:
Holy shit, Funi drops one series in a decade after the show's explicitness far exceeds it's source material and anyone's expectations and everyone acts like it's some kind of habit. No one acknowledges that it was one of several companies who dropped the show because it doesn't fit the Shonen Jump Weekly Prudish Funi narrative that certain people in the community like to propagate.

Stop being such tools.

It's basically Funimation Derangement Syndrome, It's the same thought process that allows them to take one word in one line of the Dragon Maid dub and tar all Funimation translations with the same brush. And we've got anti-industry outrage merchants on YouTube and elsewhere fanning the flames -- if you look at the comments on certain videos (which I don't exactly recommend), you've got the mega-galaxy-brains accusing Funimation of actively redrawing Tamayomi 04 to make it look worse, in order to fit some shadowy "agenda" against cute anime girls. Sure, there's a real-world rational explanation for it all (pandemic causes production issues, studio sends Funi a beta version ahead of time, Funi streams wrong video), but that doesn't matter when there's juicy, piracy-justifying conspiracy theories to monger.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3