• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer Manga Ends, Short Spinoff Series Planned

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:25 am Reply with quote
Too bad it didn't get a second act in modern times like Fumetsu no Anata e, just a short bonus with their future "reincarnations". I will miss this serie, can't wait for the author's next work.
toprak

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:57 am Reply with quote
YES! I can finally start to read it Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Weird Guy

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:23 am Reply with quote
Still better than Tokyo Ghoul Re ending
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:47 am Reply with quote
Something tells me that after the short spinoff there will be further continuations.
toprak

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:55 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Something tells me that after the short spinoff there will be further continuations.

Hmm, yeah I think there is a possibility.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:01 pm Reply with quote
It was adorable. No complaints here. It was as good as Hinomaru Zumou's ending.
cchigu

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Welp, tbh, it turned into shit at the end. Idk why Gotouge had to finish it so fast, considering the immense success of the series, he/she had all the time in the world to end it in a satisfying way. Sigh, another one bites the dust.
GetterRin

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:35 pm Reply with quote
cchigu wrote:
Welp, tbh, it turned into shit at the end. Idk why Gotouge had to finish it so fast, considering the immense success of the series, he/she had all the time in the world to end it in a satisfying way. Sigh, another one bites the dust.

There really isn't that big of a drop in quality, like sure weekly it was a drag near the end(much better on a binge) and I can't say it's a perfect manga either, could have squeezed in another arc before this one to flesh out some stuff. But it certainly didn't turn to shit, I commend Gotouge for not extending it more JUST because of the success. Gotta keep in mind that this success happened pretty much near the end and very suddenly, just getting 10-20 more chapters in at the final battle wouldn't have really made it any better. This success could have helped it if it started just as the arc started. Also there are rumors(strictly rumors) about personal life issues.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:01 pm Reply with quote
cchigu wrote:

Said no ever. This is the ending is all I could have asked for, I rather it end on a good note and run then be dragged out for pure success. Now the author is open to do more with the series with spins offs, side stories and even more inclusives.

I felt happy to finally have finished this manga after starting it in 2017, before people were even aware of this manga's existence and way before the anime even gave it any notice at all.

Can't wait to see the spin off!
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:27 pm Reply with quote
cchigu wrote:

It better than dragging it out, it always better to go out on top then outstaying your welcome. I hope more Shonen end faster
Honeyman

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:35 pm Reply with quote
It seems that the author was able to end the series on his own terms which is good. Shounen Jump is free to create any tie-ins or spin-offs but if they respected Goutoge and let him end it when he wanted that's a refreshing change in light of other series that did or have continued for years (I'm a big One Piece fan but I'd like Eiichirō Oda to experience the good life at some point).
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Not crazy about the final arc or the way it ended, but it certainly is ballsy that SJ is allowing Gotouge to end it. At the height of it's popularity. I was almost expecting them to Jojo this thing. In the end, Kimetsu was solid and it's better it ends on an okay note than get Bleach'd and drag on forever past it's prime.
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 2:07 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
than get Bleach'd and drag on forever past it's prime.

pretty much.

On another note, are we gonna get more ufotable anime goodness out of this since they could cover it easily? They claimed the anime was hard to make. No clue what that means
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 3:35 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Not crazy about the final arc or the way it ended, but it certainly is ballsy that SJ is allowing Gotouge to end it. At the height of it's popularity. I was almost expecting them to Jojo this thing. In the end, Kimetsu was solid and it's better it ends on an okay note than get Bleach'd and drag on forever past it's prime.

It should be noted that the manga was already on its final arc by the time anime started & shot it to omega popularity.

It’s interesting to think. Maybe if the series wasn’t already over by the point Jump might have tried to convince Gotoge to extend the series to continue the money train which as you mentioned actually sorta happened with Bleach. The Arrancar Saga was not meant to be that long but Kubo was advised by editorial to give focus to every Arrancar because of their popularity with the fanbase & the series success.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Has Viz not made an announcement for this? You'd think this would be pretty huge, about the spinoff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2