• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Debuts Fruits Basket 2nd Season Anime's New Dubbed Episode on Monday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:20 am Reply with quote
Thats nice and all but aside from maybe Railgun (Cus am already 7 eps in b4 the delay happened so I'd rather finish the 1st arc T covers, assuming it has 2 arcs ofc) and for sure the last few eps of MHA S4 (Again, cus am almost at the end when the delay happened), i don't plan to touch FB S2 till the dub is fully out. I foresee more delays so if possible I'd rather wait. I dont often rewatch anime anyway so yeah, rather not have the feeligns and such dulled for me cus long delays and time diminishes the feelings cus one forgets
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:29 am Reply with quote
Hopefully all the people working on these dubs are doing it in a safe manner. I want more Fruits Basket episodes dubbed in English, but I don't want to endanger people's well beings.
jeffcoatstephen

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:47 am Reply with quote
I can't wait until this pandemic is over and everyone can get back to work. The social distancing is seriously annoying and I'm sick of hearing people complaining about not having work when there are jobs hiring. Opening up too early is bad and honestly can't result in business being forced to shut down again if they break OSHA regulation (social distancing).
TheMorry

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 11:23 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Hopefully all the people working on these dubs are doing it in a safe manner. I want more Fruits Basket episodes dubbed in English, but I don't want to endanger people's well beings.
dont worry. All dubs are currently recorded from home studios, And they are getting better and faster with it.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this will change how they record Fruits Basket specifically? I was surprised to find out from the commentary on season one that they got the material far enough in advance that Caitlin Glass was able to go out to LA to record with Laura Bailey directly. I could see them deciding to keep doing it this way for her, especially since that lead time probably isn't there now.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:10 pm Reply with quote
It is possible that this how FB will recorded for the rest of the season since VAs cannot travel right now same as the rest of us
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:15 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
dont worry. All dubs are currently recorded from home studios, And they are getting better and faster with it.

I am not so sure about that since Texas has started to lift restrictions.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I’m still not sure if recording from home would be that seamless. You can have a hundred microphones that sound “good,” but all will sound different. Maybe the technology has improved and I don’t know about it.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:24 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
I’m still not sure if recording from home would be that seamless. You can have a hundred microphones that sound “good,” but all will sound different. Maybe the technology has improved and I don’t know about it.

Yeah, that’s the obvious problem, isn’t it? In a tweet announcing the dub-from-home program for My Hero Academia, Funimation said that sound engineers are tweaking the recordings to adjust for the audio characteristics of each of 30 performers’ environments, so they can get a dub that sounds consistent.
RevyHenriettaRider

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Hello! Cool

I am glad that the Fruit's Basket dub is back on track again. I am sure that even with the technical issues of people recording at home I am sure that the dub will come out fine in the end.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:36 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

I am not so sure about that since Texas has started to lift restrictions.

sure, but they stopped before Texas shut down, so id guess they will open up again on their own time when they can guarantee everyone can be reasonably safe
Lenks

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 11:17 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

I'm sure Funi, or Sony, are doing everything they can to make sure that their VA staff are all using the same equipment for the most consistant sound they can.

And production equipment has definitely gotten better over the years. Even basic equipment and programs can do wonders for producers anymore.
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:52 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

Yeah, that’s the obvious problem, isn’t it? In a tweet announcing the dub-from-home program for My Hero Academia, Funimation said that sound engineers are tweaking the recordings to adjust for the audio characteristics of each of 30 performers’ environments, so they can get a dub that sounds consistent.
I'm just going to say it, I've seen the last 2 or 3 (however many its been) MHA S4 English Dub eps that were delayed and recorded from home due to the virus and, honestly? They sound flawless. I couldn't make out anything off about em, including the VA themselves who voiced the chars, the anime sounded professional as if they weren't even recorded from home. So, yeah, fear not citizens! as All Might would say lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1