• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Higurashi: When They Cry Anime Delayed Due to COVID-19

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 6:34 pm Reply with quote
fantaselion wrote:
Uhh if you've watched the PV, then you would know its a remake, also I never heard of this new manga adaptaiton.

Uhh, that's why I'm assuming it's not a remake, because why make a manga adaptation of something when that manga already exists? How often do manga remakes happen? Maybe you're still right, but it's not so officially clear to me right now until I see more.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:16 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
fantaselion wrote:
Uhh if you've watched the PV, then you would know its a remake, also I never heard of this new manga adaptaiton.

Uhh, that's why I'm assuming it's not a remake, because why make a manga adaptation of something when that manga already exists? How often do manga remakes happen? Maybe you're still right, but it's not so officially clear to me right now until I see more.

the remake could be an adaptation of the console arcs(especially the last one,which mixes a bit of everything of the previous arcs) since they are,in a sense,remakes.Or,due to how the plot works,coulde be a remake in a sense that spoiler[it could be a brand new reality/timeline]
danpmss

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:37 am Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
fantaselion wrote:

It's quite clearly a remake project (likely 2 cours for the first 4 arcs), all scenes from the PV are from Onikakushi including the previously omitted (from the first adaptation) club activities. If it was an adaptation of the console arcs, you would need to wait until the third arc to see them going any other direction anyway.

The new manga may as well be either a spinoff adapting Hou (the one canon portion missing an adaptation).
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Damn. That’s a shame, but understandable. I will wait for as long as it takes until it is ready to air.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2