• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'She professed herself pupil of the wise man.' MMO Isekai Novels Get TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raiyou

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Finally, the self insert isekai premise I want!
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:42 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Sorry, no. The novels (or at least the official English translations, anyway) have made it quite clear that the character in question was physically male in Japan and fully physically female in the fantasy world.

Yes, you are correct. That is how I remember it to.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:03 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
#900545 wrote:
The one in So I'm A Spider, So What? is a bit different, she is a trans girl unlike the other gender benders. That means she isn't a gender bender as her gender stayed the same

Sorry, no. The novels (or at least the official English translations, anyway) have made it quite clear that the character in question was physically male in Japan and fully physically female in the fantasy world. The novels don't rule out that she may have been gay and not realized/accepted in her original life; in fact, that would neatly explain why she was the only one in the class who gender-swapped.

There is another type of gender-bending of sorts: Avatars. I will use "Recovery of an MMO Junkie" as an example. Moriko is a woman but her her avatar is Hayashi, a male knight. Also, while Yuta is a guy his avatar is a female conductor named Lilly. Now, whether or not "MMO Junkie" can be defined loosely as having an isekai as part of the story involves an MMORPG is debatable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2