• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan The Final Season Anime's Promo Video Reveals New Staff at MAPPA

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:29 pm Reply with quote
#909363 wrote:
Oggers wrote:
#909363 wrote:
i am annoyed because of this Lets boycott protest this lets do a hastag on twitter it will work be sure of it!!! A tv show called Brooklyn Nine-Nine ( https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/may/12/brooklyn-nine-nine-saved-by-nbc-after-social-media-outcry-guillermo-del-toro ) did get RENEWED!!!. aot is more popular than this show lets assemble and let wit studio get it back.I dont want a one punchman nanatsuNoTaizai disaster again not with this show!!!

You're really overestimating how much influence western anime fans have over anime. If any fans have a say over what happens to an anime, it's Japanese fans, not us. Most anime is made with a Japanese audience in mind.

İ am not overestimating anthing. i am ofcourse not talking about only western fans .we should every aot fan assemble on a hastag. if did work for only one country on america it should work for aot to because every anime fan did watch aot anime we have a big mass of people. so i am sure. İf we can let our voice hear .we can make wit studio RENEWED the aot anime.
İ am sure

Your not gonna accomplish anything, least of all somehow getting every fan on both sides of the pacific to collectively boycott just to bring back a studio that no longer wants anything to do with the show.

You will never accomplish this & if you’re joking then this isn’t a good joke either.
ThrowMeOut

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Horsefellow wrote:

I distinctly remember Yuri on Ice being ruthlessly mocked for it's low budget animation back in the day.

Ah, yes, judging animation by its in-betweens. A tradition as old as time. I agree YoI had some animation problems near the middle but that was due to a time crunch as opposed to skill related, and they fixed pretty much all of it for the DVDs/

Horsefellow wrote:
Dorohedoro is 3DCG which, well, may not be a very reassuring namedrop if that's going to be the future of AoT. Dorohedoro's animation killed it for me, and I was really looking forward to it when the anime was announced since I like the manga.

Wit was using CG pretty hard for the last two seasons of AoT, let's not pretend they weren't. And anyways I was more thinking Dorohedoro was proof that MAPPA could handle an amazingly rendered, real-feeling gritty atmosphere. Because that Dorohedoro's BGs are gorgeously gross. You can almost smell the trash and rotting, fly-covered meat.
PonSquared

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Mind just... completely smashed. I had goosebumps watching it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5