• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shaman King Manga Gets Brand-New TV Anime Next April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anime4evr1167

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:45 pm Reply with quote
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:

I wouldn't count on most of the original cast from the anime returning especially Sebastian Arcelus.

Yeah it's really sad and this will most likely will be the case but like I said, time will tell and one can only dream of a small cast reunion Smile

I'm just super grateful we are able to get a new anime, I haven't stopped smiling since I read the news and I can't wait for more information to trickle in through the coming months Anime smallmouth

To pass the time, I've dug out my manga again and have started a re-read, then maybe a Japanese re-watch followed by the dub re-watch lol

Last edited by anime4evr1167 on Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thaumana

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
While I understand the 4Kids Shaman King dub was nostalgic for a lot of fans, honestly some of their voices are kind of miscast that wouldn't fly in modern times, like Ren having a pseudo British accent in spite of him being Chinese and Sean Schemmel using a fake Spanish accent for Ryu. The OG cast did the best with the material they were given to work with by 4Kids' localization changes, but a new dub for a show that's trying to be a faithful representation of the author's vision should be able to cast the roles they think fit the characters' best and not be obligated by fandom nostalgia for the original dub.

For real? Ryu had a Spanish accent in the German localization too. Wondered where this was coming from since it felt quite out of place haha. He shared the same voice with Peyote Diaz. Strangely enough this was one of the series that kinda lacked variety when it comes to the voice actors. Anna for instance shared the same voice with 2 other minor characters and it felt extremely awkward when all three of them actually came across each other. I personally don't have much feelings about the dub as I usually do for other anime series from that time so I guess I will be simply content with the japanese performance.
Kuroi Ren

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:59 am Reply with quote
I REALLY hope they do it right and they don't rush it

This was a really good anime back in the days
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5