• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Voice Actress Yurina Hase Shares Her Experience With 'Casting Couch' at Sunrise

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Heck of a day for a lot of these, sometimes open secret, accusations to come to the public eye with corroboration. First Warren Ellis' history of being a sex pest, now this.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/warren-ellis-allegations/

Warren Ellis will never be involved in another Netflix production again. Matter of fact, good luck getting any more gigs in the future. Love when justice is served.
Rosiero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:51 am Reply with quote
loveliver wrote:
octopodpie wrote:
Pretty sure Haberkorn's career prospects have taken a pretty big hit as far as roles and convention appearances, although hard to say with all the events down due to the pandemic. I haven't heard much about Niosi since Nintendo replaced him: http://4NN.cx/.149428

I thought I saw Niosi’s name in the additional voices in Final Fantasy 7 Remake?

A lot of voice work for that game was recorded years and years ago.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:01 am Reply with quote
I had no idea about the new male voice actors. But I hope this does open some eyes for some other female seiyuus. I always get upset seeing this when they have talent but overlooked by "other" things instead.

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I also wonder why the American anime industry just kind of stopped after You Know Who and never looked into Todd Haberkorn or Chris Niosi both of which are still getting acting gigs.

Forgive my ignorance to ask here but did they ever confirm if Todd Haberkorn is innocent or not?
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:56 am Reply with quote
I think getting too far into the Haberkorn situation is going off-topic. Suffice to say he admitted the incident took place, but it was narrowed down to he said it was consensual or both were drunk, she says she was blackout drunk and never consented.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2