• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aokana - Four Rhythms Across the Blue PS4 Game Removes 3 Scenes in West

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furuzaki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
PS4 Game Removes 3 Scenes in West

So the Switch version will still have those scenes in the game? Well, I guess I will choose Nintendo over Sony for this game.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Furuzaki wrote:
Quote:
PS4 Game Removes 3 Scenes in West

So the Switch version will still have those scenes in the game? Well, I guess I will choose Nintendo over Sony for this game.

Yeah, at some point the two companies swapped stances and Sony started censoring and Nintendo's position became that third-parties can include what they want as long is it passes the relevant ratings board.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Done supporting Sony tbh. Their 5 exclusives are not worth it
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm not wasting my money on anything PlayStation anytime soon. This game is already on Steam uncensored.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:23 pm Reply with quote
One of the reasons my last PS was PS3. Also the reason why I'm forgoing the FF7 remake despite how much I want to play it, instead I'll just wait for the pc version no matter how long it will take. Done supporting Sony.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:34 pm Reply with quote
expected something like this from sony....glad i already own the uncensored version.

though im not altruistic to stop buying games from them if there's no other option like for persona 5 or the ff 7 remake.
Sesta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Yet today's leak of The Last of Us 2's (spice to say the least) scene is more graphic and hardcore than anything a Japanese company would put out is okay says enough about the hypocrisy.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Sesta wrote:
Yet today's leak of The Last of Us 2's (spice to say the least) scene is more graphic and hardcore than anything a Japanese company would put out is okay says enough about the hypocrisy.

Pretty much. They need to knock it off.
Hakase

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Sesta wrote:

Gotta love Sony's double standard anti-JP censorship. Anime boobies are bad but some sex scenes from TLOU2 are good. There's seriously something wrong with Sony and it's ironic that it originated from Japan. This shows how poisonous western sensibilities can be. Everything is okay as long as Japan doesn't do it

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Their white knight brigade typically uses consent in their attempt to defend Sony. Those anime girls are groped against their will while the realistic-looking Gerald from The Witcher bangs hookers and lovers alike under consent.

Do the censored scenes from Aokana involve nonconsensual groping? Because if not, that one particular argument no longer stands.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:16 am Reply with quote
#901912 wrote:

Do the censored scenes from Aokana involve nonconsensual groping? Because if not, that one particular argument no longer stands.

aside from the obvious which are the h - scenes on the PC versions . off the top of my head i can only think of two scenes that they might of removed and spoiler[thats all 4 of them getting changed in the bus and the protag spotting rika changing across from his room]I saw worse in the remake in ff 7 with the don Razz dont know how they pick and choose whats ok and whats not.
tomdean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:59 am Reply with quote
i will never buy anything that has been censored - i don't mind it when it is designed with all ages mind, but when they censor it, it's impossible for me to support(I was so scarred by the butchered attempt by Konosora, I vowed never again)

But on the other hand, I don't think it's fair to blame Sony, they simply did not plan to have over 18's stuff on their platform, therefore they are not equipped to accommodate them. Imagine the lawsuits from parents

I have the original Aokana and I will not pay the new version, but to blame Sony and boycott seems a bit much.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:28 am Reply with quote
Seems kinda par for the course these days with a lot of Japanese multiplats to just default to the Switch version just in case Laughing
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
One of the reasons my last PS was PS3. Also the reason why I'm forgoing the FF7 remake despite how much I want to play it, instead I'll just wait for the pc version no matter how long it will take. Done supporting Sony.

Stop lying to yourself. PS4 came out in 2013. The censorship started in 2018. You had no intention of buying it to begin with.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
Stop lying to yourself. PS4 came out in 2013. The censorship started in 2018. You had no intention of buying it to begin with.

I'm not quick to buy when stuff comes out. I may have been relatively fast with ps3 but that's solely because of all the Tales titles that came out(Graces, Zillia). Had an interesting enough game come on it, I may have gotten ps4 too, but two-three years ago those plans were shelved indefinitely after sony's antiques, besides Berseria released on pc too. I even had ps plus sub until year and a half ago but I let it lapse.

Trust me, FF7 remake alone would have been enough for me to warrant to get the console had I not been mad at Sony. I played the hell out of the original.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2