• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inuyasha Lead Cast Members Kappei Yamaguchi, Satsuki Yukino Indicate Return

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Lol there was no way anything else was gonna happen. Japan loves keep the cast but also Rumiko seems to love those two and they've been in most of her works. Only one I'm worried about is Mamiko Noto returning as Rin since we've had ZERO mention of Rin. I feel like they're trying to save her as a surprise spoiler[given that she's likely the mother of Sesshoumaru's babbies]

Quote:
Their posts did not specifically mention the title of the upcoming Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon (Han'yō no Yasha Hime) anime spinoff,

Kinda. They both hashtagged it. #半妖の夜叉姫
wjbraden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:32 am Reply with quote
Hopefully Viz will bring back the original cast for the dub as well.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:10 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah, this is pretty much a big sign that the original Inuyasha gang is slowly coming back into the picture! I am definitely betting that Inuyasha and Kagome will still play a big role in the upcoming sequel series because with Moroha's character description stating that she doesn't remember her parents at all, I am definitely betting that this is obviously a very important plot point.

Of course, the only sad thing to say is that since's Miroku's voice actor Kouji Tsujitani had sadly passed away about two years ago, if Miroku is coming back for the sequel, then they would obviously had to recast him for sure.

Anyways, everything is slowly coming together! I am definitely betting for certain that Viz will try to get back as much of the original Ocean Studios dub cast as possible to be coming back again for this one!
anifani

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Oh yeah, this is pretty much a big sign that the original Inuyasha gang is slowly coming back into the picture! I am definitely betting that Inuyasha and Kagome will still play a big role in the upcoming sequel

I really hope so. Unfortunately, if it's just about three little girls and their angst... I can definitely do without that. Gotta have some testosterone if it's going to compare to it's predecessor. Razz
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:35 am Reply with quote
#907697 wrote:

Hopefully, yeah. I think the last dub I heard by Ocean Group was the Final Act.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:54 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Lol there was no way anything else was gonna happen. Japan loves keep the cast but also Rumiko seems to love those two and they've been in most of her works.

Yukino has only been in Inuyasha and Rinne. I think the most common VA's from the five long running Rumiko TV series are Issei Futamata, Tomomichi Nishimura, Kappei Yamaguchi, and Saeko Shimizu at 4 each. If Nishimura is cast in this sequel he'll be in all 5.
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:34 pm Reply with quote
If this series does well, I hope they can revisit some of Takahashi's other series. A modern remake of Urusei Yatsura would be nice (even if only as a 1 or 2 cour series), and they never did finish Ranma 1/2.

Sadly, some recasting would have to take place, especially with Ranma 1/2; a number of the original cast members for those shows are no longer with us, and several of the UY cast members are in their 70s and 80s now and have retired.
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear. Although I also expect their presence to be extremely limited. Not going to want to let the old cast overshadow the new characters. After all besides those two we can't even be sure how many of the old cast will appear at all in the sequel.

But regardless if they are minimal or surprisingly involved in the story, this is good news.
BlueCatMage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:
Of course, the only sad thing to say is that since's Miroku's voice actor Kouji Tsujitani had sadly passed away about two years ago, if Miroku is coming back for the sequel, then they would obviously had to recast him for sure.

OMG! I didn't know Tsujitani-san had died! I loved his voice acting work! Miroku certainly won't be the same without him! Anime cry Now I have to wonder who they'll cast as Yakumo in the 3x3 Eyes reboot they hinted at years ago.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately, Moneca Stori will almost certainly not return as Kagome for the English dub, just like she didn't return for The Final Act. Apparently, she moved to the US and retired from acting, but she also completely vanished off the face of the earth. Kira Tozer was pretty good in The Final Act, and sounded enough like Stori, but it just wasn't the same.

At least there's a slightly higher chance of David Kaye returning as Sesshomaru now than in The Final Act (where Michael Dangerfield replaced him because he had moved to LA). He's still very, very active as a voice actor, and remote recording is much more of a thing now than it was in 2010.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
#907697 wrote:

Hopefully, yeah. I think the last dub I heard by Ocean Group was the Final Act.

I wouldn't be surprised if Viz will be using Ocean Group again for Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon, for consistency sake of the original series, although If I'm being honest with the majority of you, Viz Media hasn't been using Vancouver, Canada for their anime dubs since 2012 as the majority of the more recent anime titles they licensed is now dubbed in Los Angeles these days either through Studiopolis or especially Bang Zoom!
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:43 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

At least there's a slightly higher chance of David Kaye returning as Sesshomaru now than in The Final Act (where Michael Dangerfield replaced him because he had moved to LA). He's still very, very active as a voice actor, and remote recording is much more of a thing now than it was in 2010.

David Kaye hasn't done ANY Anime dubs in years even after he moved to LA. On top of that, he hasn't shown up in ANY Union anime dubs whatsoever presumably either because him or his agent aren't a fan of the payscale and also he prefers working in ensembles and having more freedom, which seems to be the main reason why certain voice actors who work in Pre-Lay Animation (e.g. Fred Tatasciore, Jennifer Hale, Tara Strong, Hynden Walch, etc.) don't do anime dubs, regardless if it's a Union production.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:48 pm Reply with quote
#907697 wrote:

Viz Media hasn't been using Vancouver, Canada for their anime dubs since Inuyasha: The Final Act in 2012 as the majority of the more recent anime titles they licensed are now dubbed in Los Angeles these days either at Studiopolis or especially Bang Zoom!

The only things Vancouver has done lately are Kiznaiver and a bunch of kids shows.
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, but where in those tweets does it say Satsuki and Kappei are returning to the roles? I am hopeful that Inuyasha and Kagome will be in the new series, but those tweets are about their memories from working on the original Inuyasha anime (and more specifically about their reactions when they found out they'd gotten the role).

They're for a twitter campaign where they asked people what their memories of Inuyasha were, in order to promote the upcoming series. You can see all the tweets about it under #犬夜叉の思い出.

Satsuki and Kappei haven't said anything about being in Hanyou no Yashahime yet.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:12 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2