Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Video Game Rankings, June 15-21 [2020-06-26]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mm-17

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow! TLOU2 really seems like it's breaking records, espicially for a Playstation exclusive. Failed internet boycott #4521 Lmao.
RhinocerousTrilbies

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:26 am Reply with quote
Naughty dog should enjoy their gold pedestal while they have it. Not to mention, Animal Crossing and similar major releases have been out for months, some even years. I can’t see TLOU2, with it’s awful storytelling and redundant gameplay, coming anywhere close on the total copies mark
El Hermano

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Mm-17 wrote:
Wow! TLOU2 really seems like it's breaking records, espicially for a Playstation exclusive. Failed internet boycott #4521 Lmao.

I don't recall any boycott for the game, just a bunch of people calling it bad.

Regardless, I'd hardly call these numbers record breaking. They seem about average for a western AAA game in Japan. 100K-300K is pretty typical.
-SP-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:48 am Reply with quote
El Hermano wrote:
Mm-17 wrote:

I don't recall any boycott for the game, just a bunch of people calling it bad.

Regardless, I'd hardly call these numbers record breaking. They seem about average for a western AAA game in Japan. 100K-300K is pretty typical.

But what you aren't realizing is that this is a PS4 exclusive, the 100k-300k average usually consists of sales from both PS4 and Switch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1