• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Healin' Good Precure, Gibiate, Mr. Love: Queen's Choice Anime This Summe

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:56 pm Reply with quote
It doesn't matter who does the subtitles, and it doesn't matter what "level" of swearing it is. It still isn't acceptable in family shows.

That said, and to put it one way, for Pretty Cure, I would expect at least TV-Y7. As for the series as a whole, I should point out that they've had the original series ever since they became a legit anime streaming service in 2009 (remember that Crunchyroll was originally an anime piracy site). It's even available on Tubi. If they were to cover all the other shows, they would only have to start from Max Heart (the second series, which is basically the "second season" of the original show).

However, assuming they do simulcast future Pretty Cure series, IMHO, we (probably) shouldn't expect any of the movies to be added....
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:24 pm Reply with quote
TheHTRO wrote:
It doesn't matter who does the subtitles, and it doesn't matter what "level" of swearing it is. It still isn't acceptable in family shows.

I'm just not sure what to tell you to reassure you this isn't likely to be a significant issue or that you should wait till the subs are out before making your mind up about them when Crunchyroll doesn't have a record of adding exaggerated swearing to their subs. Honestly this hasn't really hasn't been that huge of an issue in the anime industry like people make it out to be since the 90s and even then it was only a small handful of releases that did this. If anything it's always been more of an issue in fansubs.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:31 am Reply with quote
One would think that with TimeWarner's deep pockets, CR could get 1-2 shows each season that are worldwide, except Japan and China.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Europe is getting Kirakira Precure a la Mode, so far confirmed for France, Spain, Germany & Portugal.

EDIT:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/06/29-1/crunchyroll-adds-fan-favorite-shows-to-european-catalog

Also confirmed for the Middle East & North Africa so it's basically all Toei Europe territories.

EDIT 2:

https://www.facebook.com/Crunchyroll/videos/2668259393447288

Also confirmed for the UK & Ireland.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3