• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Scott Pilgrim Film Director Hints at Revisiting Series in 'Anime Form'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Edgar Wright doing an anime? That I would love to see.
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Oh, "anime-style", just like Teen Titans Go and Totally Spies! For a second, I thought he was actually going to have it made in Japan by Japanese.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I remember when the movie was coming out Adult Swim made a short animation, I do not remember it very well but I think it was done on Flash or something.
A Scott Pilgrim animated show could be awesome if the animation style is similar to the one used for the videogame (not pixelated of course), perhaps if it was animated by Trigger or Bones.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:05 pm Reply with quote
FLCLGainax wrote:
Oh, "anime-style", just like Teen Titans Go and Totally Spies! For a second, I thought he was actually going to have it made in Japan by Japanese.

Scott Pilgrim is one of the OG OELs Laughing

Silver Kirin wrote:
I remember when the movie was coming out Adult Swim made a short animation, I do not remember it very well but I think it was done on Flash or something.
A Scott Pilgrim animated show could be awesome if the animation style is similar to the one used for the videogame (not pixelated of course), perhaps if it was animated by Trigger or Bones.

I remember that animation on Adult Swim. It was a lot better than the movie. I hope this adapts the comics rather than the movie, but since it has the same director I wont get my hopes up.
Brack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:03 am Reply with quote
Heybot episode 31 beat them to it.
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Scott Pilgrim is one of my all-time favourite, I am down for any continuation or adaptation! (Except maybe Netflix... but even they sometime do a decent job, if you like at Castlevania and Devilman)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1