• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Video Game Rankings, June 15-21 [2020-06-26]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mm-17

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow! TLOU2 really seems like it's breaking records, espicially for a Playstation exclusive. Failed internet boycott #4521 Lmao.
El Hermano

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Mm-17 wrote:
Wow! TLOU2 really seems like it's breaking records, espicially for a Playstation exclusive. Failed internet boycott #4521 Lmao.

I don't recall any boycott for the game, just a bunch of people calling it bad.

Regardless, I'd hardly call these numbers record breaking. They seem about average for a western AAA game in Japan. 100K-300K is pretty typical.
-SP-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:48 am Reply with quote
El Hermano wrote:
Mm-17 wrote:

I don't recall any boycott for the game, just a bunch of people calling it bad.

Regardless, I'd hardly call these numbers record breaking. They seem about average for a western AAA game in Japan. 100K-300K is pretty typical.

But what you aren't realizing is that this is a PS4 exclusive, the 100k-300k average usually consists of sales from both PS4 and Switch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1