• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Summer 2020 Catch-Up Guide

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:09 am Reply with quote
Echidna also known as a spiny anteater.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echidna

Someone is having problems coming up with names. Shocked
Hal14

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:44 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Echidna also known as a spiny anteater.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echidna

Someone is having problems coming up with names. Shocked

It says right there in the etymology that the animal is named after a woman/monster from greek mythology.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:16 am Reply with quote
Stretch2424 wrote:
So, in SAO Underworld, does Kirito know that he's in a video game, not the real world? Is he fighting to break out of what he knows is just a virtual reality, or, as far as he knows, is this the only world there is and he's fighting because he dislikes the injustice there? This question has been bothering me since episode one.

In order. Yes, he knows he's in a simulated reality (he's not in a video game) and yes he's fighting to get out, while helping people (actual people, cause the humans there have actual bona fide human SOULS) along the way i guess since the UW is sped up aka the lad has been inside it for a few years now.

And what do you mean it has been bothering you since ep1? Did you drop it right afterwords?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:32 am Reply with quote
In every other preview of Love SNAFU's third season, Iroha was moved up into the main cast for good reason and it's kind of painful to see her ignored so completely in a catch up guide.

I didn't think much off her when I first saw the second season but upon further viewings, she annexed the Service Club for the Student Council, in particular Hachiman. Hachiman created a monster Student Council President which he only kind of regrets by the end of the second season. I still think he's more impressed than terrified of her. Still, he talked her into running for the position so she could use it as an excuse to get Yamato into her clutches but instead she uses it to get Hachiman.

The triple date was cute but the odds are in Iroha's favor right now.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
The triple date was cute but the odds are in Iroha's favor right now.

Having watched both seasons right before completing this guide, I have to disagree with the latter part of this statement. Hachiman is clearly on a trajectory to end up with Totsuka.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stretch2424

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:42 am Reply with quote
Ever since the SAO episode where we are introduced to Underworld and meet Kirito as a child and his friends Eugeo and Alice, my impression was that no, Kirito didn't know that he was in a virtual reality. I don't recall him ever saying to Eugeo or Alice anything like 'In order to break out of this virtual reality and return to the real world we must do this' or anything like that. I was surprised to read the claim here that in fact he had known it all along. I wish the series had made it more clear, since it's fairly important.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:10 am Reply with quote
Stretch2424 wrote:
Ever since the SAO episode where we are introduced to Underworld and meet Kirito as a child and his friends Eugeo and Alice, my impression was that no, Kirito didn't know that he was in a virtual reality. I don't recall him ever saying to Eugeo or Alice anything like 'In order to break out of this virtual reality and return to the real world we must do this' or anything like that. I was surprised to read the claim here that in fact he had known it all along. I wish the series had made it more clear, since it's fairly important.

I too thought he had lost his memories, while immersed in the virtual reality.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:28 am Reply with quote
^
Kirito did have his memories of the childhood period erased (though he had vague recollections resurface towards the end of the first half). However, when he reappeared in Underworld after the Johnny Black attack, he realized almost right away that he was in a virtual environment, even if it did seem real. (The "Stacia boxes" were kind of a dead giveaway.) He never did tell anyone in Underworld about that until the conversations with Cardinal and, later, Administrator, however; Asuna was the first person to tell any of the other Underworld people about it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2