• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 5 'Must Watch' Anime by MAPPA

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I had the opportunity to tour MAPPA early on in it's existence. Kids On The Slope posters were everywhere in the building and the team were all working on the foundation of In This Corner Of The World. It was a small operation at that time but they have grown a lot from those two features.
Multi-Facets

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I keep hoping for an announcement introducing a stateside release of "Dororo (2019)". I'm normally not one for remakes, since the manga and the original anime were done so well (in my opinion), but I genuinely want to own the remake on physical media so badly that I have a space left for it on my bookcase. The remake falters in some places, same as any other production, but I adore the fluidity of the animation, the new looks we get at some side characters, the voice-acting, and the bittersweet ending.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3