• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: RetroCrush Adds Arcadia of My Youth, Medabots, Unico, Swan Lake, Dear Brother Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Dear Brother is an exclusive to RetroCrush (in terms of legal sources), and I'd highly recommend it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dop.L

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Damn, I wish we had something like that in the UK
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I really wish RetroCrush had apps for game consoles. There's so much good stuff on there, but I do most of my streaming through my PS4.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I hope they have both the sub and dub for Medabots. Some of their releases they only have the sub (I think it's mostly movies and OVAs however). I just remember the referee in the dub being the best part of the show. I guess I'll go cry again for UNICO too while I"m at it.
loveliver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:54 pm Reply with quote
ZelosZoidberg wrote:
I hope they have both the sub and dub for Medabots. Some of their releases they only have the sub (I think it's mostly movies and OVAs however). I just remember the referee in the dub being the best part of the show. I guess I'll go cry again for UNICO too while I"m at it.

Medabots could be the dub-only for now and RetroCrush is just waiting on Discotek to go on ahead and do Medarot if the dub masters for Season 3 aren't found soon enough.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:24 pm Reply with quote
loveliver wrote:
ZelosZoidberg wrote:

Medabots could be the dub-only for now and RetroCrush is just waiting on Discotek to go on ahead and do Medarot if the dub masters for Season 3 aren't found soon enough.

I hope they find those along with the Mon Colle Knights dub masters.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:08 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
Dear Brother is an exclusive to RetroCrush (in terms of legal sources), and I'd highly recommend it.

Yup, I was one of those that supported the DVD release in the US and this was their last campaign. Really good series and reminded me of a 1980s Japanese version of 'Mean Girls'.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:05 am Reply with quote
I loved Medabots as a kid and used to watch it whenever it was on Fox Kids. I'm excited it's streaming again though I'm surprised it's going to RetroCrush and not Crunchyroll like Mon Colle Knights. I wish someone would stream the sub for Monster Rancher as only the dub is streaming even though the sub is available on DVD.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
CatSword wrote:

Yup, I was one of those that supported the DVD release in the US and this was their last campaign. Really good series and reminded me of a 1980s Japanese version of 'Mean Girls'.

Mean Girls? But Onii-sama yo is a pretty old-fashioned Japanese melodrama.
jrs313

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:36 pm Reply with quote
It’s August 22nd and Medabots is still unavailable on RetroCrush. It’s not showing up in my search and it’s not showing up in the alphabetical list. Does anybody have information about this? I haven’t been able to find anything online.

I’m disappointed because I’ve been so excited for Medabots to arrive ever since it was announced. I hope that it’s just an error on my end and I can fix it.
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:24 am Reply with quote
jrs313 wrote:
It’s August 22nd and Medabots is still unavailable on RetroCrush. It’s not showing up in my search and it’s not showing up in the alphabetical list. Does anybody have information about this? I haven’t been able to find anything online.

I’m disappointed because I’ve been so excited for Medabots to arrive ever since it was announced. I hope that it’s just an error on my end and I can fix it.

RetroCrush has been a bit overambitious with a number of their announced release dates, unfortunately. They launched just before the pandemic started, so they haven't gotten all the kinks worked out of their systems and some things are just a lot harder to do over the internet. If you're really curious, they have an official Discord where you can ask questions as long as you're polite.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1