• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuki Yuna Is a Hero Franchise Gets 3rd TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to it; as long as YuYuYu stays consistent with its dark magical girl theme and occasional SoL moments I'm satisfied.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:58 am Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:
Not to mention I keep worrying that more YuYuYu means a greater chance of it deciding to go full Madoka and kill all/most of its cast, even though it started as the anti-Madoka. Hopefully they've been taking notes from Symphogear...

They do have some shared experience about punching gods very hard...

killjoy_the wrote:
The "second season" was half the prequel, so I can see this "third season" also being half NoWaYu. Who knows.

Wasn't the WaSuYu half just a TV airing of the three movies? They were surprisingly cheap though.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I don't know anything about the light novels, but didn't they pretty much wrap up everything in the second season? Where else can this story possibly go after that ending?
jesusalcala11

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:54 pm Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:

Not to mention I keep worrying that more YuYuYu means a greater chance of it deciding to go full Madoka and kill all/most of its cast, even though it started as the anti-Madoka.

When I hear "go full Madoka" I think about how Madoka's sequel undid the TV series so that they can produce more content.

This is a bigger threat as season 2 of YuYuYu wrapped up nicely.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Triltaison wrote:
Yeah, I've been wondering for a while if Ponycan's US branch is even still a thing or not.They haven't released anything physically in a while, but they still have a website and social media accounts exist. They're mostly dormant, though. The last news post on the website is from 2018. I guess they're still handling distribution for streaming rights maybe?

And then there's the stuff they promoted but got released on video by other companies like Cutie Honey Universe (Sentai), the Sound Euphonium movies (Eleven Arts/Shout Factory) and now Caligula (Crunchyroll/Discotek).

They still use their Twitter though if that means anything,
https://twitter.com/PONYCANUSA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:14 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
The "second season" was half the prequel, so I can see this "third season" also being half NoWaYu. Who knows.

6-ep NoWaYu adaptation will be an absolute disaster.
It works for WaSuYu because the light novel was short and almost completely revamped from the groundup. The LN wasn't horrible but it's not exactly great writing wise. WaSuYu was written by Takahiro which is why it's a bit iffy. It's more of a screenplay than a novel supposedly.
Good thing the rest of the LNs are handled by Akashiro.

NoWaYu has 22 chapters including the extra ones. We even have a NoWaYu side story (UHiMi - 5 chapters) recently.

So, no 6-episode adaptation please.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2