• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Issues with api.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:28 am Reply with quote
Hey, i am using php with mysqli and the webpage is supposed to the send the news articles in the news column, but i am not getting the news items in the column and instead it updates the news column with this:

<meta><script></script>

Also, adding &filter=anime after the url doesn't show anything.

I have to resave my settings inorder to click on my url and see anything idk why that happens cus i will eventually have to manually refresh the page each hour to show the latest news.

Please any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Laxus.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:34 am Reply with quote
For a long time I thought this was a Cloudflare security block because of the script tag with /cdn-cgi/apps/head/, and that completely threw me off the trail. But the issue was somewhere else entirely.

So at last I managed to find and fix the problem!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
For a long time I thought this was a Cloudflare security block because of the script tag with /cdn-cgi/apps/head/, and that completely threw me off the trail. But the issue was somewhere else entirely.

So at last I managed to find and fix the problem!

I have gotten back to working on this task and now i notice that you did not completely fix the issue ( my last paragraph in the post ) and i still cannot fetch new news title until unless i re save my configuration and then it works for one refresh with the php and then it returns nothing on next refresh i mean what the hell is this man this is so annoying. Now, please do not reply after 6 days. It is important.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:37 pm Reply with quote
We offer the API as a free service. You aren't paying for it, and it doesn't really benefit us. Dan worked on the problem for you for six days (not straight obviously), and you're complaining that he took too long ?

Anyway, Dan's on vacation, so he won't start catching up until he gets back on the 11th. I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait more than 6 days.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:40 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
We offer the API as a free service. You aren't paying for it, and it doesn't really benefit us. Dan worked on the problem for you for six days (not straight obviously), and you're complaining that he took too long ?

Anyway, Dan's on vacation, so he won't start catching up until he gets back on the 11th. I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait more than 6 days.

Understandable, have a nice day.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1