• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Delays of our Lives

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:01 pm Reply with quote
As far as the launch lineup for new consoles goes, it is good that several games announced free upgrades. It might not be a game built from the ground up with new consoles in mind, but a game that is built for well-known hardware that gets an extra boost might turn out better than some launch games. That said, it also sounds like those upgrades will happen sometime later, so that PS4 copy of Cyberpunk isn't going to get any special benefit from popping it into a PS5 right off the bat. But, I'll take that over what 505 Games and Remedy are doing with Control. There will be an upgraded, but only if you buy the rerelease that they just announced that is also coming out the same time as the last DLC. If you already have the game and the DLC, too bad.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm still hoarding quartz for Demon King Nobunaga.

-Halo: Yeah, this is a big hole in MS' release calendar. My biggest problem is how they and Sony are REALLY putting off the price announcement, which never bodes well. Get the feeling it's gonna be one of those "record scratch" moments

-Ono: End of an era indeed. It'll be interesting to see what he does next.

-SMTIII: Cool, they even updated his moveset so he has Pierce.

-
DRWii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:25 pm Reply with quote
While selling content that was originally in the game as DLC is a later version is normally scummy (and one Atlus has proven they aren't above), I'm honestly pretty okay with Dante. They don't own the character, and if/when their contract ends they can just remove him from digital storefronts instead of the entire game. Definitely too expensive, though.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:18 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
While selling content that was originally in the game as DLC is a later version is normally scummy (and one Atlus has proven they aren't above), I'm honestly pretty okay with Dante. They don't own the character, and if/when their contract ends they can just remove him from digital storefronts instead of the entire game. Definitely too expensive, though.

Yeah, it's not too surprising. Whatever deal they had with Capcom almost certainly expired years ago, and Sega/Atlus wasn't going to pay Capcom if they couldn't make their money back. You have a good point that separating Dante from the game probably gives flexibility in the future as far as contract expiration goes. There are examples, like GTA 4, where games were updated because licenses expired. Not being able to sell Dante later would be preferable to being forced to patch him out of the game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1