• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HIDIVE Streams Wicked City Anime With Subtitles, Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
el_morris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Is it too much to ask for spanish subs for the tittles Hidive licenses in México or latin america? If not, why even bother to release those tittles here?
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:59 pm Reply with quote
A Houston themed redub would of been a nice feature tho given the limited amount of actors from their talent pool of late its probably for the best it was passed on.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:22 am Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
A Houston themed redub would of been a nice feature tho given the limited amount of actors from their talent pool of late its probably for the best it was passed on.
Like they did with Vampire Hunter D. But then maybe the bad dubs for this film fit the films pulpy tone. And the vast majority of people who will be watching this will be those who have fond memories of these dubs. The main reason i can see them not doing this is because they only have the digital rights, so a new dub would not be of much benefit to them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1