• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Virtual YouTuber Agency hololive Debuts 5th Generation Talent

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I loved Aloe-sama from Day 1 and as soon as she was able to tweet I set her on all notifications and followed her close. (For context, she was banned from tweeting in less than hour due to an age error). Since she had restrictions for a bit, a lot of jokes were made about her but she took it all in stride and even shared a lot of memes. She got my heart quickly with her positive attitude on Twitter.

Then today her voice was exactly what I expected and was hoping lol. A nice amount of smug. Adorable tone. Fun singing. Great music taste. I really hope she stays in character as much as possible. A TRUE IDOL demon girl would be really amazing. She's obviously a sweetheart, too. This Gen is gonna be a blast but Aloe-sama is my favorite

She also said she likes Charlotte! So +100 there

Anyway, here's Aloe's debut video from this morning! She's amazing!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgkLtMAQ0rI

edit: while I'm at it, here's Polka's that airs tomorrow morning (for US)

https://youtu.be/uNWPUyAxOKo

Edit: fixed Polka link. Her original stream got bugged so she had to remake it

Last edited by Kougeru on Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:54 pm Reply with quote
This is not a knock on them as individuals, but I don't think there character designs are as good as the previous generations. They look like generic rares in an anime card game.
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:36 am Reply with quote
ChrissyC wrote:
This is not a knock on them as individuals, but I don't think there character designs are as good as the previous generations. They look like generic rares in an anime card game.

I mean Botan is just Siege from mobile game Arknights. Who was voiced by the same voice as Saber from Fate. It's so close that I've had people felt a discrepency because the two's behavior aren't close enough.

Anyway I have notifications for all 5 of them.
dark_bozu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:57 am Reply with quote
ChrissyC wrote:

It doesn't matter that much tho - you get used to designs pretty fast if there's something else besides good looking sprites.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:36 am Reply with quote
dark_bozu wrote:
ChrissyC wrote:

It doesn't matter that much tho - you get used to designs pretty fast if there's something else besides good looking sprites.

And that's what matters in the end. Hololive is so popular because of the personalities. They've all now debuted and shown to be at the least pretty interesting lol. We'll see how it holds up!
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:22 pm Reply with quote
By '5th generation' are these any more advanced then the previous generations? Or is this more like the 5th lineup?
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:43 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
By '5th generation' are these any more advanced then the previous generations? Or is this more like the 5th lineup?

5th lineup
Nate148

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Generation is used to denote new girls in idol groups when they come in together
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Good to know, thanks =)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1