• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cowboy Bebop

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basroil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Steven Blum plays the English voice of Spike Spiegel but on the Cowboy Bebop page David Lucas is listed in the role. I assume this was an alias used by Mr. Blum at one time. Should the David Lucas page be eliminated and all those roles be credited to Steve Blum under the David Lucas alias?
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:10 pm Reply with quote
At some point in time, the encyclopedia staff discouraged that sort of thing, since Blum didn't want to be associated with the David Lucas name - to the point of claiming Lucas was a completely different person - likely so it wouldn't affect his chances of getting union roles. I personally think it's silly to just leave them separate and fragmented, but unless things have changed since I last checked in, David Lucas isn't getting merged into Steve Blum's page until either Blum himself allows it or he passes away.
Basroil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:10 pm Reply with quote
That would be silly because all the Lucas roles are nearly 20 years old. Additionally all his roles are merged in his My Anime List profile which is probably now a days used as much or more than this encyclopedia.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1