• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Kakushigoto Anime's English Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malsang

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see this getting a dub! Definitely one of the shows from Spring that I enjoyed the most.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Nice casting of the show, heard it's quite good.

And big gold medal for them for including Kevin Thelwell in a big supporting role on a non-black character. Very Happy

First with Zeno Robinson with Hawk (Unless I misremembered) and now this. One step at a time indeed.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:41 am Reply with quote
This is honestly a very average looking cast from Jad Saxton.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:27 am Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
This is honestly a very average looking cast from Jad Saxton.

Then who would you cast?
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit surprised to see them picking up a new dub. With the dub from home situation, it might make more sense to dub shows that are finished since they have the materials and could potentially have an easier time of doing it the more traditional way of recording multiple episodes at a time. Some actors have good recording equipment at home, but not all so having to move equipment around because a character that hadn't appeared for several episodes now has lines would make simuldubbing that much harder.

It's at least encouraging to see them starting a new dub.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I'm a bit surprised to see them picking up a new dub. With the dub from home situation, it might make more sense to dub shows that are finished since they have the materials and could potentially have an easier time of doing it the more traditional way of recording multiple episodes at a time.

I guess technically Kakushigoto is mostly done outside of small changes for the blu-ray. I think what we're going to see (outside of finishing up almost completely dubbed Winter/Spring shows) is a mix of Spring and Summer shows depending on popularity/optics and which ADR directors are available. It would make more sense for them to jump on Deca-Dence than say, go back and prioritize everything from Spring, despite the latter shows being finished already.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I'm a bit surprised to see them picking up a new dub. With the dub from home situation, it might make more sense to dub shows that are finished since they have the materials and could potentially have an easier time of doing it the more traditional way of recording multiple episodes at a time. Some actors have good recording equipment at home, but not all so having to move equipment around because a character that hadn't appeared for several episodes now has lines would make simuldubbing that much harder.

It's at least encouraging to see them starting a new dub.

They've pretty much finished all the Winter shows they were dubbing (minus Bofuri, Dendrogram, Hatena Illusion, Fate Babylonia, and Isekai Quartet 2. Though the last two rely more on LA since most of those casts are in that area.). Kakushi Goto is the first one they are dubbing from Spring, and even then a bunch of those shows were pushed back to Summer.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I'm a bit surprised to see them picking up a new dub. With the dub from home situation, it might make more sense to dub shows that are finished since they have the materials and could potentially have an easier time of doing it the more traditional way of recording multiple episodes at a time.

I am guessing that this and all their Spring shows that were not delayed will be dubbed in one go. But I imagine Funimation is going to still upload those dubbed episodes one at a time to maintain some kind of weekly schedule.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:29 pm Reply with quote
they did say this was going to be a simuldub back they they announced they had it, which was about a week before covid forced them to close their building. Probably reasonable to assume we'll see the others they announced start popping up as more winter shows are done
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1