• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Otona nya Koi no Shikata ga Wakaranee! Adult Romantic Comedy Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:11 am Reply with quote
Characters in their 30s, huh? Skeevy as My Wife is the Student Council President could get, it would be kind of nice to see actual adults in these "adult situations" anime.
SHD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:11 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Characters in their 30s, huh? Skeevy as My Wife is the Student Council President could get, it would be kind of nice to see actual adults in these "adult situations" anime.

Actual adults... who behave like adults, have adult problems and circumstances, adult situations... Maybe it's just my bad luck, but the vast majority of such "adult romances" I've read/seen were basically the exact same stories we get with young characters, with the same character archetypes and essential tropes. Just swap "high school" with "office", add some "oh no am I ever gonna find love" aspect to the heroine, and optionally an "oh no, my love interest dude is younger than me" aspect to the romance. Oh, and some side characters may have a spouse and/or kids.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:43 am Reply with quote
The fact that the same guy who directed the abysmal My Sister, My Writer is working on it doesn't instill any hope in me, but I might give it a chance.
MetalEmolga7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:44 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
invalidname wrote:

Actual adults... who behave like adults, have adult problems and circumstances, adult situations... Maybe it's just my bad luck, but the vast majority of such "adult romances" I've read/seen were basically the exact same stories we get with young characters, with the same character archetypes and essential tropes. Just swap "high school" with "office", add some "oh no am I ever gonna find love" aspect to the heroine, and optionally an "oh no, my love interest dude is younger than me" aspect to the romance. Oh, and some side characters may have a spouse and/or kids.

That's because these shorts are adaptations of TL manga. And TL manga is just shojo but with sex
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, I really enjoyed OtaKoi, so I'll check this anime out too.
SHD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:53 am Reply with quote
MetalEmolga7 wrote:
SHD wrote:
invalidname wrote:

That's because these shorts are adaptations of TL manga. And TL manga is just shojo but with sex

I wasn't talking about TL adaptations, or anime even in particular. I was talking about manga, the non-TL variant that you get a lot in mags like Feel Young, BeLove, etc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1