• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: hololive Virtual YouTuber Mano Aloe Retires 2 Weeks After Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I thought the whole purpose of this virtual YouTuber thing was anonymity. How does everyone know her boyfriend and her real identity?
Thaumana

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:06 pm Reply with quote
On the one hand, it is a good thing that there are also some Youtubers who addressed the Aloe subject recently but on the other hand parts of their statements tells that many of them haven't a full grasp of the weight of this incident and why so many fans are concerned about it.

There are also misleading videos which highlighted the statement in question by Aloe Mano's performer from the past before she joined Hololive but also adding her name and avatar of her Vtuber persona to it, so one might assume that is was her recent quote which got her the backlash. Something is telling me that this might be also the reason why those mentioned Youtubers made it sound like she consciously violated the GTC of her current work and are convinced that she is mostly to blame for her situation. The main reason why the fans have stated their discontent about the situation is solely because of the poor handling and the absent support for Aloe by Hololive, including the fact that not a single word about the doxxing disaster was mentioned. That will send a completely wrong signal to those so-called fans and just by glossing over this incident and preaching fellow fans to move on will sooner or later lead to another incident of that kind or maybe something worse.

Furthermore, I honestly take commentaries about her staying in touch with her other vtuber colleagues with a big grain of salt. I really want to believe that the rest of the hololive members are on her side but you don't know what is really going on off-stage. We learned the hard way that this entertainment sector has also its pretty nasty dark side which got rather stigmatised under the pretext of positivity and the happy-go-lucky philosophy, so who knows for sure if the rest of the vtuber team really stick with Aloe and don't just try to keep a social facade for the fans to dispel their worries when in reality no one might care for Aloe's leave and tabooed the whole incident like it was often handled this way in the idol industry in the past...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2