• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
IP ban and marked as spam

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZainC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:13 am Reply with quote
Yesterday I made a post under talkback and I was most likely marked as a spambot by one of the moderators and my home IP is currently banned (says this IP is banned because of spam). Although my comment was dismissive and condescending to to the review it was not my intention to spam the ANN's forums.

The article was This Week in Anime - Who is Captain Harlock). Despite the lack of substance in my critique there wasn't anything that could be regarded as spam and I don't see why it would be worthy something as serious as an IP ban (maybe a warning). It's true that my comment did not add anything substantial to the discussion but I tried to explain my reasoning in my 2nd post.

If I offended the reviewers or ANN my apologies, this was the first time I read This Week in Anime and I was not used to this type of review format.

I already apologized to both the moderator (Psycho-101) and the reviewers in the thread and as a reader of ANN for many years I would like a chance to start over again.

Thank you
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1