REVIEW: Who Says Warriors Can't Be Babes? GN 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Hermano

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:54 am Reply with quote
OtherSideofSky wrote:
The reviewer set themselves up for disappointment at the outset by basing their expectations on things with characters, plots, and multiple jokes instead of on the original Dragon Quest.

That would actually be my main critique of this review. I decided to check out the series after this thread because I always like to see just what kind of stuff people find controversial, but the thing that surprised me the most when I read it was that it was actually a video game parody. The article made zero mention of it when half the gags involve things like pop up text boxes, HP and stat screens and 8-bit RPG mechanics and tropes. I can understand if the reviewer is not familiar with Dragon Quest specifically but not mentioning it was a video game parody at all seems like a huge thing to omit. Before I read it I assumed it was just a typical fantasy series from the way people were talking. I'm glad I checked it out now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3