• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Shaman King Anime's Teaser Reveals Cast, Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:39 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
While I understand in regards to his design and it should be change, as a black man myself, I greatly disagree in regards to his backstory, Its powerful,emotional and all too real ( at least in regards to my own experience) people don't seem to understand that point of the backstory was to show you how Chocolove wasn't always about jokes laughter, back in the day the man felt pain, anger and sorrow and how did channel all that ? spoiler[ by Killing people ] he didn't live a good life and wasn't until he meet you know who that changed his life to the character we know now, if they removed it, any backstory he gets wouldn't be as good and would actually destroy chocolove's character a good example is the 2001 backstory its utter garbage and it doesn't do Chocolove's character any justice, so hopefully the new anime actually follows the real story and keep's the backstory.

You can easily tweak his backstory to where he can still be a gang member but change the whole killing thing to maybe accidentally killing, that would better justify his regretful and remorseful change of character.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:42 am Reply with quote
El Hermano wrote:
I don't see why they would change Chocolove just for Americans. Promised Neverland seemed to do just fine despite some people complaining about Sister Krone. These designs aren't really seen as a big deal in Japan, although maybe whoever licenses it might censor it but that's on them if they try to market it towards kids here again.

Dragon Ball isn't primarily marketed towards children anymore in the English world. There's no way this will be. It will be a VOD show, with a dub that at best would land on Toonami and even that's not certain. They don't seem to go for nostalgia shows tied to nostalgia they didn't create.
Divineking

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:29 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
The Chocolove situation isn't that hard to figure out. Just give him a redesign that makes him look less stereotypical. That's what they did with Pyunma in most recent versions of Cyborg 009.

That's literally all I'm really hoping for
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:48 am Reply with quote
I do hope that whoever is going license this series best Funimation or Crunchyroll I hope we get an amazing English dub cast. And if this gets dubbed in Los Angeles I hope they don't outsource this to Bang Zoom!

batwing321 wrote:
My greatest wish is if we could get the 4Kids cast back without the 4Kids censorship. And yeah, for that to happen it'd have to be union, since a lot of the main cast like Sebastian Arcelus and Andrew Rannells are pretty big time now. Maybe it won't be possible to get the whole gang back together, but if NYAV gets to handle it, maybe...

BTW, anyone know who voiced Jaco? He was really good, but I never saw it clarified who voiced him.

I wouldn’t count on ANY of the actors from the 4Kids to reprise their roles, especially Sebastian Arcelus as he currently now works as an on-camera actor.

It just comes down to whoever is going to license the series.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:50 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
batwing321 wrote:
My greatest wish is if we could get the 4Kids cast back without the 4Kids censorship. And yeah, for that to happen it'd have to be union, since a lot of the main cast like Sebastian Arcelus and Andrew Rannells are pretty big time now. Maybe it won't be possible to get the whole gang back together, but if NYAV gets to handle it, maybe...

So basically you want a Netflix dub?

Frankly, I don't care who is going to license this series but in the event IF it gets dubbed in Los Angeles I hope to god they don't outsource this to Bang Zoom!

Last edited by DisneyXAnimefan95 on Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:51 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
I hope Funimation gets this. At least they can have Sean voice Amidamaru again if nothing else

I dunno about Sean Schemmel returning cause other than Pop Team Epic and the Dragon Ball series I haven't seen him done any new Anime voiceover work lately, he seems to mainly do Pre-lay animation these days.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Now that was an amazing looking trailer that doesn't use CG. The designs look amazing. So Takei really got what he wanted for the most part. Good for him. Yoko as Yoh? I'm excited because I never saw that coming.

I hope they dont change anything regarding the love of chocolate.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4