• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Confirms Azur Lane Anime's Uncut BD Release With TV-14 Rating

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:14 am Reply with quote
Stormtrooper53 wrote:
When I saw that it was rated TV-14 on their website I emailed Funi's customer service. The email I received back from Funi verbatim was:

"I'm really sorry but it will be censored.

Hint: any title rated TV-14 will be censored.
Any title rated TV-MA will be uncensored."

(I will not publish the name of the Funi CS agent that emailed me, but it was included.)

I shot this information over to Bob and he replied back that Funimation had just told him the same thing. This was on Tuesday, 09/15/20. The following Friday RACS put in their newsletter that the domestic release would be censored. He was stating that based on what Funimation had told both him and me.
Thank you for releasing the contents of the email which seems to confirm my earlier suspicions that this was a miscommunication issue where it was assumed the show would be censored based solely on it's rating. The statement that any TV14 show will be censored already sounds like a strange statement to make since Funimation releases plenty of titles that are TV14 which have no censorship on them. It sounds like there needs to be better communication between the higher ups and customer rep. But a lot of this drama could have been avoided if RACS released the email to begin with as RACS' initial statement seemed to heavily imply that they had confirmed themselves with Funimation that it was the broadcast masters and that this wasn't an assumption an employee made based solely on the ratings.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:37 pm Reply with quote
today is the official release date for the blu-ray. I haven't bought it yet, but the show was updated on the website and apps less than an hour ago and it is uncensored. So, nothing to worry about
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6