• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Attack on Titan The Final Season Anime With Subtitles, Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:33 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
RedSwirl wrote:
So Adult Swim's not getting it? If I recall they SimulDub'd season 3 right?
Funimation are the ones that simuldubbed Season 3, then worked with Adult Swim/Toonami to air on TV, as they did with Seasons 1 and 2. Likely, they'll get this season as well, although it's possible that it'll be aired significantly delayed after it premiers to streamers/subscribers as to not run into issues with airing dubbed episodes, like what happened with the final handful of episodes of My Hero Academia or the second half of Jojo Part 5. Similar to what they're doing for Fire Force S2, which isn't set to air until the end of October.

Right now Funimation’s problem is Black Clover since its Dub is pretty slow and Toonami is almost caught up with what is Dubbed.
yappers4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:24 pm Reply with quote
It's been confirmed that the premiere date in Japan is December 7th of this year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AoTWiki/status/1308716368234188800
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:27 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Things seem to be working out so far. I undertand that the very clean artstyle of the anime helped to make the show a broad success but Wit overshot a bit as it messed with the atmosphere.

This is a pretty dumb assumption. How did WIT "messed up with the atmosphere", when the anime was praised for how atmospheric it was. And even at this point in the manga, and as much as I love it, the anime still holds up and looks better than any of the manga's designs, bei the first volumes' ones, or the latter ones.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2