• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fairy Tale of Inuyasha: 20 Years Later

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:49 pm Reply with quote
^There's also World Trigger (Toei) & now Zoids Wild (Hasbro).
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:37 pm Reply with quote
My heart & soul, my happy place, exists with Kagome on that train she's riding in the ending credits roll with My Will playing. Out of everything I remember and enjoyed from the years of watching that show alone/with friends/with family, that My Will sequence will always be how I remember mid-90's, early 2000's anime.

It is physically impossible for me to not-drown in emotion any time that sequence comes up. Richard Ian Cox is one of my absolute favorite anime voices to listen to, Kagome wasn't the same without Moneca Stori, and that entire show is an amazing take on "what if Sailor Moon was more like Slayers".

Do yourself a solid and go have some feels with the first Inuyasha ED sequence right now~
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:32 pm Reply with quote
In case anyone is still interested.....
The 1st series is discussed here, and The Final Act is discussed here.

LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
Do yourself a solid and go have some feels with the first Inuyasha ED sequence right now~
Every time I've watched that 1st ED, I've always had this sneaking suspicion that some of the visuals are references to Japanese culture that I'm unaware of.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:08 am Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:
In case anyone is still interested.....
The 1st series is discussed here, and The Final Act is discussed here.

LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
Every time I've watched that 1st ED, I've always had this sneaking suspicion that some of the visuals are references to Japanese culture that I'm unaware of.

The flowers in the ED are spider lilies are often associated with thing relating to death in Japan. Also reincarnation, cemeteries and are also said to grow on the banks of the Sanzu river, which divides the worlds of the living and the dead.

These can all apply to Kagome and Kikyou's situation, but also Sango's. She's shown praying to the graves are dead family/comrades, and her brother Kohaku is also someone who "died" but now continues living through artificial means.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2