• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams 'Suppose a Kid From the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town' Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Hmm so Funi's got Assault Lily Bouquet, Wandering Witch - The Journey of Elaina, Warlords of Sigrdrifa, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear, Strike Witches: Road to Berlin, Adachi and Shimamura, Dropout Idol Fruit Tart, D4DJ First Mix, and Love Live. If only they had Sport Climbing Girls! and GochiUsa 3 as well then I would only need one streaming service this season.
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Dub of Season 2 for The Irregular of Magic High School.. VERY interesting... does that mean we hopefully get a dub of season 1 in the future!?
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is a lot of good stuff, nice. Slightly disappointed though we still don't have Wandering Witch that premiered today, despite Muse Asia posting English subs on time for SEA (and I wouldn't be surprised if Anime Lab and Wakanim have already premiered it ahead of Funi but I can't check those). And they've given us no timeline on when to expect it.

Also cool we're getting a dub release for the Goblin Slayer movie, but still nothing for Tanya, Acca, Royal Tutor, etc.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I guess if you're an Aniplex property, you're best bet for a dub is getting a sequel (unless you're BokuBen or maybe Monogatari). Might mean the possibility of Bunny Girl Senpai getting a dub if they ever make a second season.

I feel bad for whoever ends up being Miyuki's VA considering most of her lines are going to consist of saying "brother" or crushing on said brother. I mean, it worked for Hayamin but...

Looks like they're prioritizing the Aniplex shows and the Silver Link fantasy show of the season (those have been doing pretty well each season, so that doesn't surprise me). I guess with dubs confirmed those will probably be coming out sooner rather than later along with the slowly but surely dubbing of the past two seasons.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Holy cow! Funi is putting Crunchyroll out of business.

LegitPancake wrote:
Slightly disappointed though we still don't have Wandering Witch that premiered today

According to Funimation's blog: "Episode 1 of Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina will be delayed due to a later receipt of materials"

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020/10/01/its-magic-wandering-witch-the-journey-of-elaina-comes-to-funimation-this-fall/
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Crunchytrash should just close its shop at this point. I'm wishing for AT&T/WarnerMedia to just shut down CR just like with what they do to DramaFever.
OddJobsKatsura

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Sony buy Crunchyroll already and put them out of their misery. How does Crunchyroll have 3 million subscribers? How can Funimation afford all these licenses? Something doesn't add up.
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Crunchytrash should just close its shop at this point. I'm wishing for AT&T/WarnerMedia to just shut down CR just like with what they do to DramaFever.

For all that is good! PLEASE NO!
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:33 pm Reply with quote
What's with all the Crunchyroll comments? They'd already announced their licenses for this season a while ago, Funi's just doing their own.

Maybe it's just a personal taste thing but my watchlist is pretty evenly split between them. I'm more hyped for Tonikaku Kawaii than I am Irregular (I wasn't a big fan of the first season).
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:43 pm Reply with quote
OddJobsKatsura wrote:
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Sony buy Crunchyroll already and put them out of their misery. How does Crunchyroll have 3 million subscribers? How can Funimation afford all these licenses? Something doesn't add up.

Because funimation does disc releases and crunchyroll really hasn't (and still dont their just having sentai do it still). Plus we dont actually know what funimations subscriber number actually is (we could guesstimate based on followers on facebook and such but that's an inexact science).

Edit: I wouldnt be surprised if they got a cash influx due to partnering with hulu and billibilli a year or so ago. That's probably helping immensely as well.

2nd edit: funimations probably set to get even more income once they move into Mexico and brazil this year as well so they could be banking on that to bolster their lineup.

Last edited by Lord Vaultman on Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:45 pm Reply with quote
My only question is what the hell is this show that's called "that is the bottleneck"?
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:32 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:

Or may ended up shut down like KA. CrunchyFlop.
TnKtRk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:01 am Reply with quote
Sentai is irrelevant at this point. They should just throw in the towel. Waiting for Funi to license both new seasons of Made in Abyss and Log Horizon. Laughing
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:41 am Reply with quote
Damn huge list. I count around 30 titles. Very intresting that the irregular at magic s2 gets a dub. I really hope this means the movie and s1 get a dub too. Kinda sad that funimation didn't pick up the new Love Live. Sunshine didn't do so well on sales or so?
Key

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:12 am Reply with quote
Um, the new Love Live's first episode is up on Funi right now.

Aside from that, what's with all of the stupid CR bashing? My view card is normally about evenly split between CR and Funi, so I don't see what the issue is there (or with Sentai, for that matter). Besides, more CR titles ARE starting to come out in physical form, based on recent announcements.

Now, Amazon Prime, you can hate on them all they want. I would love to have physical copies of a couple of their series but despair ever getting them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2