• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Releases New Haruhi Suzumiya Novel in Print in June 2021

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
Its been so long ago that I read the last novel that I cannot remember where the story left off. Gonna have to marathon the novels in lead up to the new one.

As soon as I heard about this new book coming out I started re-reading the last couple of books in the series. They're better than I remembered (I had thought Tanigawa was getting a little tired toward the end of the series, maybe it was just me that was getting tired).

I don't know how I'd feel about a new anime. "Endless Eight" was such a disservice to fans, when there was so much more story available to animate. They didn't need to spend so many episodes on that experiment.
Lann

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:07 am Reply with quote
Anyone that needs a refresher simply needs to be directed to my dedicated page here: http://lanssidequest.blogspot.com/2012/10/thoughts-readable-timeline-of-haruhi.html
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:56 pm Reply with quote
TravellinMatt77 wrote:
Amarantine wrote:
Man, it's been been 10 years since Disappearance already. Just imagine how much hype and nostalgia a new Haruhi anime would generate.

I don't know about that. I recall that The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan was poorly received, which is why I haven't bothered watching it (if someone who has watched it could give their thoughts, that would be great). But as I've said before, I'd greatly welcome a new season or movie that adapted the remaining novels Very Happy .

Well, if you liked the version of Yuki that appeared in the Disappearance movie, and would enjoy a rom-com centered around her, then you'll like her spin-off series.

The manga is one of my favourites, it's cute. Laughing

Drawn and written by the same person that does the Haruhi-chan manga. Their are improves as Yuki-chan goes on IMO.

As for this new release, I'm excited. I have to go in for the limited edition they'll be doing of a solid colour version for the release. When I grabbed the LN run, I was able to grab the solid coloured versions of the releases for about $10-13AUD a piece, this was about 5 years ago. Cheapest editions were best for me at the time.

It's also good that they will be doing a hardcover too, for those who have the original series in that format.

The only thing that could be seen as a disappointment, is that they aren't releasing the reprints in hardcover. Since the newest hardcover will be a limited edition, does feel like it and the solid cover runs are more for those of us who grabbed the series previously.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2