• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfalcon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
Quote:
It's interesting to think that, here we are, 11 episodes into the series, and this is the first time that Yuna's actually has real problems defeating an enemy.

I dropped this in the middle of the bakery episode. Don't tempt me to come back just for this...

Quote:
• Having the “Japan” of this fantasy world being called the “Wa Country” is a bit of a linguistic joke. In Japanese “Wa” means “harmony” or “peace” and is often used to represent Japan in words. For example, literally translated a “Japanese to English dictionary” is a “Harmony to English dictionary;” Japanese style squatter toilets are “harmony-style toilets;” and Japanese food is “harmonious food.” Of course, the “fun” linguistic implication of all this is that non-Japanese things are disharmonious.

So just like One Piece and its "Wa no kuni"?

Granted, another meaning of "Wa" is "harmony". But it's not necessarily a joke as "Wa" is just used generally in Japanese to refer to "Japan", eg "washoku" is Japanese food ("shoku" meaning food), "wagyu" is Japanese beef ("gyu" meaning beef), etc. It's a stretch to infer that all non-Japanese things are disharmonious.
arkhangelsk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Nor is it a personal realization that with great power comes a duty to help those weaker than you.

While most people would agree it is nice that a person with great power helps those lesser than them, whether this is raised to the level of a duty is very controversial. And even when it is, it's usually to the degree that the duty is not significantly harmful or risky to the person doing it. It usually doesn't involve a risk to life, especially since those villagers are not going to die - they can live just fine on regular meat, like everyone in a medieval world that doesn't live next to water.
Lobokendo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:10 pm Reply with quote
That ending song change had me crying. I wasn't expecting it to change with Yuna's growth over the season and Fina singing along too made it that much better.
Janitor Tzap

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Well, the first English dubbed episode is out.
Not a bad dub.

But they just left the story line the same.
Thus, they don't address the problem with story continuity.
Guess I'll wait and see if Funimation are going too even try to fix it.
When the 2nd episode is released. Rolling Eyes

Edit
Episode 2
Nope, still messed up.
Rolling Eyes
{Geez, is this going to be the norm from now on?!} Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Signed: Janitor Tzap
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5