• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RightStuf raises minimum free shipping to $75 purchase requirement for the US

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlaking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Right Stuf has raised its free shipping minimum for US customers to $75. According to the link below, there is no mention of any free shipping options for Canadian orders anymore.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/shipping

Update: The link now mentions that free shipping to Canada will remain at $250. [Thanks to Digi_Michael for update.]

Last edited by jlaking on Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:40 am Reply with quote
Oh damn. I really hope this doesn't mean the end of free shipping to Canada but I kind of get the sinking feeling it does.
Digi_Michael

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Oh damn. I really hope this doesn't mean the end of free shipping to Canada but I kind of get the sinking feeling it does.

We are not increasing the shipping threshold for Canadian buyers, the free shipping threshold will remain at $250 American currency for buyers in Canada.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Woo-hoo! Thanks very much for that info. My Christmas is saved.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't expecting to see this bit of news. I don't order from TRSI as much as I used to, but this is gonna make it a little harder for me to hit the free shipping mark.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:15 am Reply with quote
Could backfire a little. Instead of adding a bit more to get the free shipping, buyers may just realize standard shipping is not actually all that expensive.

Your cart sits at $40, you're no longer going to add on that "Essentials" release to get over, just pay the $5-6 to ship standard (U.S. obviously).

Might want to add a shipping perk to the GotAnime program. I mean, isn't that supposed to encourage more regular orders?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:39 am Reply with quote
I'm assuming TRSI crunched the numbers and discovered they were losing money on free shipping at $50. As a Canadian, I'm a little... amused?... at Americans balking at a $25 hike in the free shipping threshold considering that our threshold went from $150 to $250 in one jump.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:31 am Reply with quote
Ugh...oh well, I'll just combine 1-2 months worth of purchases into a single order, which is what I've been doing anyway lately.
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I will be buying from them much less frequently.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Soooo were they planning on making an announcement about this? Lord knows I get multiple marketing emails every single day, but I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Kind of a jerk move to slip it in there without letting the customer know.

Spastic Minnow wrote:
Could backfire a little. Instead of adding a bit more to get the free shipping, buyers may just realize standard shipping is not actually all that expensive.

Your cart sits at $40, you're no longer going to add on that "Essentials" release to get over, just pay the $5-6 to ship standard (U.S. obviously).

Might want to add a shipping perk to the GotAnime program. I mean, isn't that supposed to encourage more regular orders?

That's definitely what I'm feeling right now. I can't count how much extra money I've spent there by pushing something over the $50 threshold. $75 is a far higher hurdle, and at that point I might as well eat a few bucks' worth of shipping.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1