• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Golden Kamuy Season 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:39 am Reply with quote
Grant D Clown wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
Quote:
Did anyone find it weird when they got out of the ice. You've got half a dozen naked grown men, with two children watching them. And the girl wasn't even phased by it, she just started a conversation with the boy like nothing had happened.

Hey, I think she just realizes she's in Golden Kamuy and these sorts of displays are to be expected.

Well, Asirpa basically sits on Sugimoto's dick while resting under a tree during the episode in S2 where they all fight while naked. Of course, it's not her first time at seeing one: https://youtu.be/pwhRD59dG7w?t=75
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Grant: this week's episode was sheer perfection, golden shower and all. Back when I finished the first episode of season 1 and decided to keep watching despite being put off by the CG bear, I couldn't imagine the show would eventually get this good. There's nothing like it, and I hope they keep making it until the manga is over.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I usually find the sexual comedy in Golden Kamuy either uncomfortable or dull, but Shiraishi's golden shower was actually genuinely pretty funny.

This episode was gold all-around. I share Zhou-BR's experience: I wondered for a long time if this show would ever be much more than middling, and flirted with giving up on it. But it's really come through; there's really nothing else quite like it out there, and it's nice to have a long-running anime available with genuinely well-developed and well-written characters. Not that GK is the first ever in that regard, but I think it is an unusual find, there.
Grant D Clown
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
I agree with Grant: this week's episode was sheer perfection, golden shower and all. Back when I finished the first episode of season 1 and decided to keep watching despite being put off by the CG bear, I couldn't imagine the show would eventually get this good. There's nothing like it, and I hope they keep making it until the manga is over.

I can't believe a scene like this can exist and it doesn't even phase me, but truly there is nothing else quite like Golden Kamuy. I worried that after the first prison plot getting wrapped the show might not get back the same tension but boy was I wrong.

NeverConvex wrote:
I usually find the sexual comedy in Golden Kamuy either uncomfortable or dull, but Shiraishi's golden shower was actually genuinely pretty funny.

This episode was gold all-around. I share Zhou-BR's experience: I wondered for a long time if this show would ever be much more than middling, and flirted with giving up on it. But it's really come through; there's really nothing else quite like it out there, and it's nice to have a long-running anime available with genuinely well-developed and well-written characters. Not that GK is the first ever in that regard, but I think it is an unusual find, there.

Cosign 100%. I think I'm ride or die with this one now.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I have no idea how the show with a touching scene of struggling with the desire to murder someone and a touching scene of two people being reunited, could end up with them being pissed, and it somehow not feeling out of place.
Bexarath

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:00 am Reply with quote
Only this show could pull off the tonal whiplash of going from Asirpa almost murdering Ogata to Shiraishi's Waterworks Spectacular. Absolutely amazing episode.

It's bizarre to think about the fact that this is only episode 35 of this show. With everything that's happened, and the huge cast of characters, this series could easily have been twice as long.
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:08 am Reply with quote
Some pretty dramatic events here in the season three finale. Season four in 2022?

Time for a spinoff series?
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I definitely share Grant's sentiment there at the end. I found myself wondering if it was my anticipation for season 3 making me overly excited, or if it was the show genuinely nailing it. I've decided it's the show being that good. I've seen a lot of anime over a lot of years, and there aren't many that have grabbed me and refused to let go like Golden Kamuy.
Turro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:23 am Reply with quote
Hands Down the best show of the season. Love the first two seasons but this one was just amazing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2