• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Forum Tournament - Nominations - Voting Period

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:55 am Reply with quote
Just a friendly reminder there's just a few days left to cast any upvotes or downvotes if anyone has not done so yet. Several of the shows with more than 3 nominated characters could use some more to whittle them down to the top 3 from those respective shows.
Hikari14

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Just include those with + 2 or more points and choose the rest randomly. :c

Also, when would the actual tournament start?
Sentire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see the tournaments up and running again!

Here are my 'plus ones':

Basalisk:
Gennousuke Kouga

Bleach:
Kenpachi Zaraki

Darker than Black:
Hei +2

Dimension W:
Kyouma Mabuchi

Dirty Pair:
Kei

Ergo Proxy:
Re-L Mayer

Gangsta:
Nicolas Brown +1

InuYasha:
Sesshoumaru

Naruto:
Jiraiya

Trigun:
Vash

Vampire Hunter D:
D
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Hikari14 wrote:

As I stated once voting is done this weekend it will take 1-2 weeks to get brackets up and ready. I don't want to start until after Christmas as many might be out of town or doing other family things for the holiday.

As for series with multiple entrants that might be tied for the last spot, that's where the secondary 48 hour run off vote would come into play. Just for those characters. We'll see how many, if any, are needed.

I'll add the newest set of votes to the totals now.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I'll cast a few more +1's myself on some series I have been waiting to see how things turn out.

Dragonball
Broly +1

Demon Slayer (I had previously only given Shinobu a +1)
Rengoku +1
Tomioka +1

Full Metal Alchemist
I am giving a rare (only one thus far) downvote to Scar and upvoting Riza. I think in terms of power Scar wins, but being Badass factoring in mentality, swagger, and personality I think Riza beats him out.
Scar -1
Riza +1

Hunter x Hunter
Kurapika +1

Mobile Suit Gundam
Shagia Frost +1

Naruto
Kakashi +1

One Piece
Zoro +1

One Punch Man
Saitama -1 (My only other negative vote. After Tony brought him up when the nominations first started and describing how I doubt his character constituted badass very well I gotta give him a downvote. Powerful yes no doubt, badass....even Genos I think has more badass elements to him than Saitama)

Outlaw Star
Gene +1

Psycho Pass
Kougami +1

Ruroni Kenshin
Sanosuke +1

Trigun
Wolfwood +1

I have to say with the Dragonball series I am surprised a lot of others did not get nominated. Characters like Hit, Caulifla, Kefla, Vegito, or Android 18.

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hikari14

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Hikari14 wrote:

As I stated once voting is done this weekend it will take 1-2 weeks to get brackets up and ready. I don't want to start until after Christmas as many might be out of town or doing other family things for the holiday.

As for series with multiple entrants that might be tied for the last spot, that's where the secondary 48 hour run off vote would come into play. Just for those characters. We'll see how many, if any, are needed.

I'll add the newest set of votes to the totals now.

What would you do if there are no votes for anyone during that period, though?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Write each of their names down and put it in a hat and draw names out. The universe can decide who gets in at that point. People participating would've already had their chance to vote so it would be up to chance.
Crisha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:36 am Reply with quote
I'd like to give a supporting vote to the following:

Ayanokoji Pai
Fuji Yakumo
Deunan Knute
Levi Ackerman
Mikasa Ackerman
Claire Stanfield
Chane Laforet
Balalaika
Revy
Spike Spiegel
Hei
Riza Hawkeye
Kamina
Ryuko Matoi
Ozen the Immovable
Tomoe Mami
Homura Akemi
Balsa
Haruka Tenou (Sailor Uranus)
Maka Albarn
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:08 pm Reply with quote
You managed to slip right under the wire there Crisha lol. Nice Indiana Jones slide. Voting if officially closed. Give me a moment to tally things up.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Alrighty folks, after tallying things up there will need to be a few 48 hour run off votes to whittle a few series down to the top 3 entrants from each. I will post them below. There will only be upvotes given, no downvotes for this 48 hour run off. You can give one single runoff vote to a character from a franchise. So no giving a +1 to multiple characters from the same franchise. Just 1 vote single vote for one single character from each franchise. Yes you can give that single vote to someone from each franchise below. Just 1 person per franchise. If after the 48 hours there are still ties I will put names in a hat and randomly draw them. Fate will decide who gets in at that point.

With all of the nominations added up and including just the top 3 from each franchise we will have 135 entrants. We actually would need 136 to keep the brackets even. So that means we need one additional character added. I am going to make an executive decision on that and add one character. I honestly truly thought I had nominated him already and had him on my spreadsheet, but I apparently never actually posted it here. So I will be adding Roronoa Zoro from One Piece at straight 0 vote for seeding purposes. I'm doing that so no series will have more than 3 people from them to keep that even for all series. One Piece only has 1 so far so it keeps it at 2. I hope everyone is fine with this slight executive decision.

I will make a new thread with the brackets this weekend. This thread will be the reference point for anyone during the tournament needing to know who a character is and why they were nominated. Hence why I had everyone including at least a brief reason and a photo. I will re-iterate this next part when the tournament starts, but for the opening round of votes no explanation will be needed for your votes. In years past we required people to give at least a 1 sentence reason as the tournament progressed. Often those arguments for and against characters helped sway people who were undecided of who to vote for. I will not require those until later rounds when the field is narrowed down. You can certainly include any reasoning for your votes should you wish, even starting with the first opening rounds. It's encouraged, but not required at that stage.

This is important. Consider the entire tournament a big giant spoiler. It will be impossible to support and argue for/against characters without giving away plot points from their respective series. Instead of forcing people to spoiler tag entire posts and nitpick over them this is one big spoiler warning for the tournament as a whole. I will re-iterate this in the official tournament thread itself when it goes up.

I am extending signup for the mini-game through this weekend. Once the official brackets go up it's closed. So if you want to join the mini game portion please say so. So far we have Blood -, Psycho 101, Unicorn_Blade, Hikari14, and Beltane70 participating.

And that's all I got for now. I will update THIS post with those totals. They will enter the tournament with their ORIGINAL upvote number for seeding purposes. This runoff just determines who gets in. So if both characters had a +1 during the initial voting period that is what they will enter with, not whatever number they end of with here. Here are the run off characters.

Baccano:
Jacuzzi Splot +1
Ladd Russo +4

Bleach: (the top 2 from these get in, so choose wisely who to vote for)
Byakuya Kikuchi +2
Kisuke Urahara +1
Sōsuke Aizen

Fate/ Franchise:
Archer (Gilgamesh) +1
Kiritsugu Emiya +3

Hellsing Ultimate: (the top 2 from these get in, so choose wisely who to vote for)
Alucard+2
Father Alexander Anderson +2
Walter C. Dornez

Hunter x Hunter: (the top 2 from these get in, so choose wisely who to vote for)
Gon Freaks +1
Isaac Netero +2
Kurapika

One Punch Man:
Bang (Silver Fang) +4
Saitama

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Here are my upvotes for the runoff.

Baccano:
Ladd Russo

Bleach: (the top 2 from these get in, so choose wisely who to vote for)
Kisuke Urahara

Fate/ Franchise:
Kiritsugu Emiya

Hellsing Ultimate: (the top 2 from these get in, so choose wisely who to vote for)
Father Alexander Anderson

Hunter x Hunter: (the top 2 from these get in, so choose wisely who to vote for)
Isaac Netero

One Punch Man:
Bang (Silver Fang)
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:10 pm Reply with quote
My runoff votes:
Baccano: Ladd Russo
Bleach: Byakuya Kikuchi
Fate: Kiritsugu Emiya
Hellsing: Alucard
Hunter x Hunter: Isaac Netero
One Punch Man: Bang (Silver Fang)
Hikari14

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:36 am Reply with quote
+ 1 to Jacuzzi (if not allowed, disregard this)
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Added

I'm also adding votes from akumachef. We're having a bit of technical difficulties with his post showing up. Admin forgot to give mods their moderator power privilege's in this new section apparently. So while they sort that out and fix it here is a copy of his upvotes. Don't want him to miss the 48 hour run off. The mods will merge his post here once we can.

Quote:
My runoff votes:
Baccano: Ladd Russo
Bleach: Byakuya Kikuchi
Fate: Kiritsugu Emiya
Hellsing: Alucard
Hunter x Hunter: Isaac Netero
One Punch Man: Bang (Silver Fang)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:00 am Reply with quote
Baccano:
Ladd Russo

Fate/ Franchise:
Archer (Gilgamesh)

Alucard

One Punch Man:
Bang (Silver Fang)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10