• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actor Masaya Onosaka Diagnosed with COVID-19, But Is Now Asymptomatic

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:23 am Reply with quote
Banjo Ginga, Kenyuu Horiuchi, and now Onosaka have all got it just this month. Is it making it's way through the VA industry?
MakiharaMeiko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:52 am Reply with quote
I'm so glad he stayed at home just for precaution this Sunday...
If he had gone to the Seiyuu Pajama Party as it was established, now we'll have minimum 9 seiyuu in quarantine x'D

I hope he gets better soon! ><
FiendHunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:23 am Reply with quote
Oh no Sad I hope he didn't pass it on to Konitan or any of the New Young TV staff members. I don't know how often they meet for the channel's content, but I hope they're all doing fine.
Hope he has a speedy recovery! > <
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I was really worried, but I hope Onosaka remains safe and stable.
jdnation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:12 pm Reply with quote
PCR tests are essentially meaningless for diagnostic purposes as is well documented amongst celebrity reports alone. So there's really nothing to report here other than that Mr. Onosaka will unfortunately be inconvenienced for appearances sake, considering the chances of a test randomly producing a false positive is the same as a coin toss. If you're asymptomatic, you're fine and not a danger to anyone anymore than you'd been for the previous 2019 years.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:41 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
PCR tests are essentially meaningless for diagnostic purposes as is well documented amongst celebrity reports alone.

Not true. PCR tests are currently the most accurate diagnostic test for COVID-19.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/coronavirus-disease-2019-testing-basics

jdnation wrote:
So there's really nothing to report here other than that Mr. Onosaka will unfortunately be inconvenienced for appearances sake, considering the chances of a test randomly producing a false positive is the same as a coin toss.

Not true. You're claiming that PCR tests' false positive rate is 50 percent, when it should be close to zero.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/which-test-is-best-for-covid-19-2020081020734

jdnation wrote:
If you're asymptomatic, you're fine and not a danger to anyone anymore than you'd been for the previous 2019 years.

Not true. While researchers are debating how much they spread the disease compared to symptomatic patients, there is no question that there are asymptomatic patients who have spread the disease. Furthermore, researchers still say that "people should continue to use measures to reduce viral spread, including social distancing and wearing masks, regardless of whether they have symptoms."

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03141-3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1