• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Arifureta - From Commonplace to World's Strongest LE

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melicans

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:10 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

I am glad Arifureta got an anime, sad that it was a horrible adaptation and production.

Made even sadder when you remember that this was delayed from it's original airdate by what, around a year? If this delayed version of the anime was that bad, just how awful was the original production? It boggles the mind.[/i]
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:

I am glad Arifureta got an anime, sad that it was a horrible adaptation and production.

Made even sadder when you remember that this was delayed from it's original airdate by what, around a year? If this delayed version of the anime was that bad, just how awful was the original production? It boggles the mind.[/i]

If anything that delay is what caused the massive problems we ended up seeing. Nearly a year of preproduction had ro be scrapped because the author was unhappy with whatever work had been done to that point, and the whole thing had to start from the drawing board with a massively rushed 1-year production
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:46 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
Nearly a year of preproduction had ro be scrapped because the author was unhappy with whatever work had been done to that point, and the whole thing had to start from the drawing board with a massively rushed 1-year production

I am going with what the author decided. Nothing I saw in the anime indicated that the earlier version was good. Really the only thing good about the anime was the character designs.

Another problem was that first production team used up much of the money, so there was not much that could be done to correct the issues the anime had. For fans of the franchise, Arifureta was just unlucky to have had a horrible first production.

Personally, I am hoping for a remake. Hajime and Yue deserve another go. But I will take what I can get.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:29 pm Reply with quote
The original key visual was a flaming pile, it really doesn't inspire confidence about the rest of the production.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2